Responsibilities and Opportunities Related to Pro Futuris
The Executive Vice President and Provost’s top priority is to implement fully Pro Futuris, including the following specific initiatives under each of the aspirational statements:
- Championing the continuing improvement of a coherent set of learning experiences that foster student success, involvement, and completion, which, in turn, are built upon both a rich tradition of outstanding teaching, research, and scholarship, and the integration of new technologies;
- Strengthening and expanding Baylor’s graduate-level programs, while sustaining the University’s commitment to and excellence in undergraduate education; and
- Improving student retention, graduation, and placement rates by working closely with academic units, support services, enrollment management, and other relevant divisions and units.
- Enhancing the University’s reach, impact, and productivity in research, scholarship, creative activity, and outreach across the disciplines, with a particular focus on expanding Baylor’s federally-funded research portfolio;
- Advancing the academic enterprise through strategic faculty recruitment, retention, and development, including further diversifying the faculty; and
- Ensuring adequate learning and research infrastructure to support academic initiatives and priorities.
- Engaging Baylor’s varied constituencies in concert with University’s particular knowledge, resources, and capabilities;
- Embodying and enhancing Baylor’s mission of integrating the Christian faith with learning and human development; and
- Enhancing and managing the University’s global presence both on campus and abroad.
- Engaging in development activities for academic priorities;
- Working as a key team player on major policy and operational issues with colleagues in the President’s Executive Council; and
- Collaborating with deans and faculty to ensure consultative, transparent decision-making and goal setting.
- Supporting initiatives that are in progress, such as the formation of the new Health and Human Sciences College and its vision for the future of health programs and partnerships at Baylor;
- Guiding the University’s reaccreditation process with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (2017); and
- Balancing resources strategically, while identifying and garnering new sources of external support.