Dean's Academic Honor List FAQs
What is the Dean's Academic Honor List?
The purpose of the Dean's Academic Honor List (often referred to as the "Dean's List") is to recognize students for quality academic work at Baylor. Dean's List honors only apply to undergraduate students. To be named to the Dean's List, a student must have earned a minimum semester grade point average of 3.7 while being enrolled in at least 12 semester hours. Dean's List honorees are selected and announced three times each academic year: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
In what ways are students named to the Dean's List honored?
Baylor University honors students named to the Dean's List in the following ways:
- They receive official Dean's List notification on their academic transcript.
- They receive an invitation to the Dean's Garden Reception, which takes place once a year.
- Each receives an individual electronic certificate from the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost.
- Baylor sends official notification to numerous media outlets on behalf of Dean's List honorees:
If I receive a grade of "Incomplete," can I still qualify for the Dean's List honors during that semester?
Students who receive a grade of "Incomplete" will be evaluated for inclusion on the Dean's List after the work for that course has been completed and a grade has been assigned.
If I know that I received a gpa of 3.7 or higher, what are some of the reasons that I might not be on the Dean's List?
All of the following are reasons that a student in this situation may not have been placed on the Dean's List for a given semester:
- Dean's List honorees are selected based on semester gpa, not cumulative gpa.
- The minimum 12 semester hours necessary to be selected for the Dean's List must be graded hours, not pass/fail courses or credit/no credit courses.
- In order to be placed on the Dean's List, students must have received grades for all 12 semester hours. Courses with Incomplete grades do not count toward the required 12 semester hours.
If you have questions about the Dean's List, please contact Adrienne Conradt in the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost with the contact information below:
Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
Phone: 254 710-3601