WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- A new computer purchase is considered an additional computer when an older unit is not returned to ITS (Information Technology Services). The addition of a computer must be initiated by the Department Chair and approved by the Academic Dean (academic departments) or Vice President, or their designated representative(administrative departments). Departments need to have the approval in a printed document for audit or other referral purposes.
- Because notebook computers cost much more than a desktop unit, the purchase of a notebook computer must be approved by the Academic Dean (academic departments) or Vice President, or their designated representative (administrative departments) before a purchase will be approved. Departments need to have the approval in a printed document for audit or other referral purposes.
- You will need to request a network line from the HELP desk IF there is no available line or a line needs to be re-activated a request for a new network line or for the re-activation of an unused network line should be initiated by the Department Chair and must be approved by the Academic Dean or Administrative Vice President. If a new network line is required, ITS Networking Services will contact the Physical Plant for environmental safety testing before the wall surface is penetrated. The department may be responsible for charges related to this testing.
How do I get an approval?
For approvals in Academic Departments, contact your Technology Director.
For approvals in Administrative Departments, send an email to your Vice President or their designated representative
How do I get a network line?
Contact the HELP desk for information regarding network lines at 254-710-4357.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Get a quote (price estimate) for the system you intend to purchase. Go to the Baylor Dell Store and or Baylor HP Store and follow the instructions under "Get an E-Quote."
- TRAX -
Make sure you have sufficient funding in your department's budget to pay for your system. Funding status must be determined by reviewing all 97xx line items as a whole. Review your budget information through TRAX.
If your purchase includes an individual item that costs $5,000 or more, a TRAX requisition must be submitted to facilitate capitalization of University assets. A purchase that includes multiple items, but no one individually costing $5,000 or more, should be purchased by utilizing your Purchasing Card. If the total cost of your purchase is $25,000 or more , the Budget Office must review and approve the request following authorized departmental approvals.
A TRAX requisition will automatically be submitted to the Budget Office upon successful budget checking; however, if a requisition is not to be submitted (based on the criteria above), the Budget Office must be contacted for review and approval of the purchase.
Need Trax training? Click here to access the ITS website for seminars and training!
- Get the appropriate approvals for the purchase. This varies by department, so if you are unsure of how to do this contact your Academic Technology Director, Information Technology Consultant, or Dean/Director. Departments need to have the approval in a printed document for audit or other referral purposes. Departments need to have the approval in a printed document for audit or other referral purposes.
- Increase your Purchasing Card limit if purchase is greater than $5,000. Academic Technology Directors and Information Technology Consultants need to have their appropriate Key Budget Contact complete the Purchasing Card Increase Form for Purchasing Card increases prior to the purchase being made. Notification from the Purchasing Card Administrator will be emailed to the Key Budget Contact when the limit changes have been completed. Once the confirmation email has been received the purchase may be made.
It is the responsibility of the Cardholder to obtain approval from their Approving Supervisor before any purchase is made.
- Purchase your computer. You will use your Baylor Purchasing Card to purchase your system from one of the approved vendor websites. Go to the Technology Procurement Institutional Purchases page, and select either the Dell Store or the HP store. Each page has directions on how to complete a purchase.
- Receive notification of your order. Once your order has been placed you will receive two emails from Dell or HP. One will be an acknowledgement of your order and the other will be a confirmation of your order. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, there may have been an issue in placing your order and you will need to contact Mr. Jonathan Negrey with Dell, (800) 274-7799 option 4, or via email at Jonathan_Negrey@Dell.com. Or, if you placed your order through HP you will need to contact Mr. Matt Berry at (512) 693-1425, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Installation. The Installations department will also receive an email about your order and will contact you about scheduling the delivery of the system. They will be able to tell you any steps you need to complete prior to the delivery at that time. Orders are scheduled for delivery 30 days from the date of the order for desktops and 45 days from the date of the order for notebooks. If you need to contact the Installations department please call (254) 710-4786 with your order number, which will be in the confirmation email you received from Dell or HP.