- Policies & Procedures
- Contracts & Suppliers
- Purchasing Card
Baylor University has entered into agreements with two providers (Praxair Distribution, Inc. and Matheson Tri-Gas) to supply the University’s requirements for gas cylinders, liquid dewars, and bulk liquid nitrogen. These multi-year agreements were effective in 2009 and replaced a long-standing contract with a local Waco supplier.
The new agreements are expected to save approximately $75,000 during the first year for combined products purchased by the Science Departments in the Baylor Science Building, and thereafter will continue to maintain a low-cost structure while providing beneficial terms and conditions. Departments outside of the Baylor Science Building who use these types of products are encouraged to purchase through the agreements. Contact the Procurement Services Department for more information; see contact information below.
Agreements / Products
- Baylor’s Product Supply Agreement with Praxair Distribution currently includes eighteen (18) gas cylinder products and three (3) liquid dewar products that are commonly used by the Science Departments. Other products may be added as the need arises.
The Praxair agreement was competitively bid by Novation, a contracting services company, through Provista, a national Group Purchasing Organization (GPO), of which Baylor is a member. Provista maintains the core contract with Praxair; passes through negotiated terms and conditions; and provides related supportive services to Baylor.
- Baylor’s Letter of Agreement with Matheson Tri-Gas is for bulk liquid nitrogen which is held and distributed from a 3000 gallon tank on site at the Baylor Science Building.
This agreement was competitively bid by Educational & Institutional (E&I) Cooperative Purchasing, a national GPO of which Baylor is a member. E&I maintains the core contract with Matheson; passes through negotiated terms and conditions; and provides related supportive services to Baylor.
- The Baylor user does not need to obtain competitive bids for product orders.
- Low product costs based on consortium pricing.
- One day lead-time for most products.
- Price protection and fixed caps on justifiable increases during life of agreements.
- Emergency deliveries available 24/7 including holidays.
Procurement Services Department Contact