Departments and organizations on the Baylor campus occasionally need to utilize charter bus services for local one-day trips, out of area or extended multi-day trips. To meet this need, agreements with Baylor approved suppliers have been developed through a competitive Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
Using the services of these preferred suppliers will give Baylor users some advantages and fewer responsibilites.
Local Bus Services
- There is no need to obtain competitive bids as would otherwise be required.
- There is no need to create individual, short-term contracts which must be reviewed by the Office of General Counsel, the Department of Risk Management and signed by a Vice President.
- Verification of University insurance requirements has already been done, and certificates of insurance for each preferred supplier are on file with the Office of Risk Management.
Services for trips of no more than one day (14 hours or less), with destinations within McLennan County, are available only
through Central Texas Trails. Contact information for Central Texas Trails is listed below. This type of local service was previously available through Waco Transit System; however, they can no longer provide these services for Baylor.
Baylor Approved Suppliers
The following approved suppliers may be contacted for charter bus services with destinations that are out of the local area or for extended multi-day trips.
Procedures for Use
Lone Star Coaches, Inc.
2425 Houston Street
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Contact: Gary Nelson/Randal Steelman
Phone: (972) 623-1100
Toll Free: (800) 933-1132
- When a department or organization on campus determines the need for charter bus services, they may contact one of the approved suppliers listed above, by phone or email (email preferred).
- Provide the supplier with as much notice as possible and provide complete trip information, including dates, itinerary, times for pickup, etc.
- Based upon information provided to them, the charter bus company will provide price and availability. NOTE: Contract prices do vary from company to company, so you might want to get quotes from more than one of the approved suppliers, but it is not required.
- The user will enter a Requisition, and Purchasing will send a Purchase Order to the selected supplier.
- Please fill out the Trip Evaluation Form within three business days after completion of the trip. These evaluations are necessary to maintain a proper working relationship and expected level of service with our approved suppliers.
Procurement Services Department Contact