Departments and organizations on the Baylor campus occasionally need to utilize charter bus services for ground transportation. The following procedures have been put in place to ensure that Baylor is contracting with reputable and dependable operators, while also receiving the best value for all budgeted funds.
Procedures for Use:
- When a Baylor department or organization determines the need for charter bus services, they must choose an operator that has been either Department of Defense (DOD) or Transportation Safety Exchange (TSX) approved. To view the DOD approved carrier list, visit: Department of Defense's Approved Carrier List. To search for a TSX approved operator, visit: Transportation Safety Exchange.
- Provide the supplier with as much notice as possible and provide complete trip information, including dates, itinerary, times for pickup, etc.
- Based upon information provided to them, the charter bus company will provide price and availability. NOTE: Contract prices do vary from company to company, so it might be appropriate to obtain multiple quotes.
- Contracts associated with the trip will need to go through the standard contract review process and signed by the department or organization's designated signee. Contracts associated with the trip will need to through the standard review process and signed by the appropriate vice president.
- The user will then enter a Requisition, and Purchasing will send a Purchase Order to the selected supplier.
Bus Charter Operators
The following list contains several bus charter operators that Baylor frequently utilizes.
Please ensure that the selected bus charter operator (including any of those listed below) is either DOD or TSX approved at the time of booking.