Departments and organizations on the Baylor campus occasionally need to utilize charter bus services for ground transportation. The following procedures have been put in place to ensure that Baylor is contracting with reputable and dependable operators, while also receiving the best value for all budgeted funds.
When using the services of these approved operators:
- There is no need to obtain competitive bids as would otherwise be required.
- There is no need to create individual, short-term contracts which must be reviewed by the Office of General Counsel, the Department of Risk Management and signed by a Vice President.
- Verification of University insurance requirements has already been done, and certificates of insurance for each preferred supplier are on file with the Office of Risk Management.
Baylor Approved Operators
The following bus charter operators have been appropriately vetted and approved:
Lone Star Coaches, Inc.
2425 Houston Street
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Contact: Gary Nelson/Randal Steelman
Phone: (972) 623-1100
Toll Free: (800) 933-1132
320 S. 16th Street
Waco, TX 76701
Darlene Hardy/Jack Stewart
Phone: (254) 754-2395
Toll Free: (800) 792-3304
Dan Dipert Coaches
7301 W. Pioneer Parkway
Arlington, TX 76013
Phone: (817) 654-3622
Toll Free: (800) 527-8800
Procedures for Use:
- When a department or organization on campus determines the need for charter bus services, they may contact one of the approved suppliers listed below, by phone or email (email preferred). Provide the supplier with as much notice as possible and provide complete trip information, including dates, itinerary, times for pickup, etc.
- Based upon information provided to them, the charter bus company will provide price and availability. NOTE: Contract prices do vary from company to company, so you might want to get quotes from more than one of the approved suppliers, but it is not required.
- If appropriate accommodations are not available through one of Baylor's approved operators, departments or organizations may use operators off of the Department of Defense's Approved Carrier List.
- Contracts associated with the trip will need to go through the standard contract review process and signed by the department or organization's designated signee.
- The user will then enter a Requisition, and Purchasing will send a Purchase Order to the selected supplier.