Regent Search Committee
The presidential search process is driven by two primary committees: a Presidential Search Committee and a Presidential Search Advisory Committee.
The Presidential Search Committee is leading the national search effort. Fourteen regents were appointed to the committee by Board chair Howard K. Batson in March, 2009.
Presidential Search Committee
- Joseph B. Armes, BBA '83, MBA '84, COO, Hicks Holdings LLC, Dallas (chair)
- Stan Allcorn, BA '76, Pastor, Pioneer Drive Baptist Church, Abilene
- Wes Bailey, BBA '78, President, Bailey Insurance and Risk Management Inc., Waco
- Albert C. Black Jr., President and CEO, On-Target Supplies & Logistics, Ltd., Dallas
- Dr. Duane Brooks, BA '84, PhD '91, Pastor, Tallowood Baptist Church, Houston
- R. Stephen Carmack, BS '70, MS '72, Chairman and CEO, Legacy Bank, Hinton, Okla.
- Harold R. Cunningham, BBA '56, Retired, Crawford
- Bobby Charles Dagnel, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Lubbock
- Gary D. Elliston, Senior Founding Partner, DeHay and Elliston L.L.P., Dallas
- Sue Holt Getterman, BA '50, Philanthropist, Waco
- Neal T. "Buddy" Jones, BA '73, JD '75, Principal/Owner, HillCo Partners LLC, Austin
- Ramiro Abraham Peņa Jr., BA '88, Pastor, Christ the King Baptist Church, Waco
- Dr. John C. Reimers, BA '72, Dentist, Beaumont
- R. Dary Stone, JD '77, Vice Chairman, Cousins Properties Inc., Dallas