About Baylor Pre-LawBaylor Pre-Law is made up of a Pre-Law Coordinator as well as a Pre-Law Advisory Council of faculty and staff members from across the university. The Pre-Law Student Ambassadors also play a crucial role in the planning and implementation of Baylor Pre-Law programs. All of these individuals work collaboratively to support the development of Baylor's pre-law students.
Pre-Law Coordinator — Benjamin J. CooperBen Cooper, obtained his law degree from the T.C. Beirne School of Law at the University of Queensland (2005) in his native Australia. Mr. Cooper was admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland (2007) and the Australian High Court (2007), practicing in the areas of civil litigation with a particular emphasis on insurance law.
Mr. Cooper’s international experience as a litigator and knowledge of the American law school admissions process provides students with a unique insight into the demands and rewards of a legal career. Students who are considering a career in the law are strongly encouraged to meet with Mr. Cooper early in their college degree in order to plan their course selection and to properly discern whether a legal career is right for them. Once students have decided to pursue a legal career, Mr. Cooper can assist them in preparing themselves to apply to J.D. programs and to successfully pursue a legal career.
Pre-Law Advisory Council
- Dr. Francis Beckwith (Philosophy)
- Mr. Alex Bell (Alumni Representative)
- Mr. Sam Binkley (Business School)
- Mr. Thomas Doyle (Alumni Representative)
- Dr. Patrick Flavin (Political Science)
- Ms. Rosanne Fuller (College of Arts and Science Advising)
- Dr. Timothy Heckenlively (Classics)
- Mr. Christopher Holmes (Office of General Counsel)
- Ms. Joyce Miller (University Advisement)
- Mr. Adam Moore (Baylor Interdisciplinary Core)
- Dr. Charles North (Baylor Business Fellows)
- Ms. Trish Nunley (Business Law)
- Dr. Joan Supplee (History)
- Mr. Brent Perry (Alumni Representative)
- Dr. Lynn Wisely (College of Arts & Science)
Pre-Law Student Ambassadors
Applications for the 2017-2018 Pre-Law Student Ambassadors will be available in August 2017. Contact the Pre-Law Coordinator with any questions.