About Baylor Pre-LawBaylor Pre-Law is made up of a Pre-Law Coordinator as well as a Pre-Law Advisory Council of faculty and staff members from across the university. The Baylor Pre-Law Student Ambassadors also play a crucial role in the development of Baylor Pre-Law programming. All of these individuals work collaboratively to support the development of Baylor's pre-law students.
Elizabeth Cano has been the Pre-Law Coordinator at Baylor since 2013. She graduated from Vanderbilt University in 2007, where she studied Economics, Political Science and Philosophy. She then attended Harvard Law School. After graduation, Elizabeth clerked for Honorable C. Arlen Beam on the Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. She then worked in the litigation section of an international law firm and practiced appellate law at a small firm in Waco, Texas. Elizabeth’s practice focused on complex commercial litigation and civil rights actions. At Baylor, Elizabeth advises all pre-law students, teaches pre-law success courses, and coaches the Undergraduate Mock Trial team. Outside of work, you can find her exploring state parks with her husband Andrew or shepherding her fantasy football team.
Pre-Law Advisory Council
- Dr. Francis Beckwith (Philosophy)
- Mr. Alex Bell (Alumni Representative)
- Mr. Sam Binkley (Business School)
- Mr. Thomas Doyle (Alumni Representative)
- Dr. Patrick Flavin (Political Science)
- Ms. Rosanne Fuller (College of Arts and Science Advising)
- Dr. Timothy Heckenlively (Classics)
- Mr. Christopher Holmes (Office of General Counsel)
- Ms. Joyce Miller (University Advisement)
- Mr. Adam Moore (Baylor Interdisciplinary Core)
- Dr. Charles North (Baylor Business Fellows)
- Ms. Trish Nunley (Business Law)
- Dr. Joan Supplee (History)
- Mr. Brent Perry (Alumni Representative)
- Dr. Lynn Wisely (College of Arts & Science)
Pre-Law Student Ambassadors
Applications for the 2014-2014 Pre-Law Ambassador council will be available in August 2014. Contact the Pre-Law Coordinator with any questions.