Baylor's Pre-Law Timeline - Senior Year
September of Senior Year
- Meet with those you have chosen as recommenders to ask for letters of recommendation. Be sure to have all paperwork prepared to give to them.
- Request transcripts from all undergraduate colleges to be sent to LSDAS.
- Begin working on application forms.
- Read applications carefully to determine if you must submit additional essays. If so, begin work on these immediately and have them critiqued as needed.
- Consider attending the Texas Law School Forum that takes place either later this month or in October (see www.lsac.org for details).
- Take the LSAT if you have not already done so.
- Continue work on applications, including additional essays.
- Send handwritten "Thank You" notes to your recommenders. These notes will serve as an appropriate gesture of thanks to those who have submitted recommendations and as a reminder to those who have not.
- For those who took the October LSAT, receive and evaluate LSAT scores. Adjust your list of schools if necessary.
- Finalize all application forms, resumes, and essays for admission.
- Follow up with recommenders to ensure that letters have been mailed.
- Submit applications either by mail or online. If submitting online, be sure to mail any supplementary forms to the law school that could not be transmitted online. If using the mail, make a copy of your entire application package and send the package certified mail, return receipt requested, so that you have proof of delivery and signature confirmation. You may also use a private carrier such as FedEx or UPS.
- December 1 - Preferred application deadline.
- Confirm that you have submitted or will submit all required materials to qualify for financial aid.
- Early Action and Early Decision applicants start receiving admission notifications.
- Check to ensure that your application was received and that your file is complete.
- Follow up with the appropriate persons regarding any parts of your application that have not been received.
- Have your parents complete their taxes as soon as possible so that you can complete the FAFSA and all other financial aid paperwork.
- Begin receiving admission and financial aid award notifications from schools and weighing admission offers.
- Decide which school to attend and submit deposit.