Thank you for your interest in the CERP opportunity!
Please remember that in order for your application to be considered complete and eligible for review, you must have the following items submitted with your application as well as meet the following academic and program requirements.
Required application materials:
- Submitted Online Application
- Professional Resume or CV, please upload within the online application.
- Personal Statement: Please submit a personal statement that addresses the questions listed within the first section of the application. The purpose of this short answer response is to help the selection team understand you as a person and your fit for these opportunities.
- Letter of Recommendation: Each applicant should have one Baylor science professor (i.e., psychology, neuroscience, social science, biology, chemistry, etc.) to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. The applicant is ultimately responsible for the submission of a letter before the application deadline. Faculty should submit letters directly through our ONLINE FORM. **If a student attempts to submit their own recommendation letter on behalf of a professor, the student's application will NOT be considered and the Office of Academic Integrity will be notified.
Academic & Program Requirements
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- High interest in research
- For psychology/neuroscience majors, have completed or be enrolled in the following course work: Research Methods (PSY 2405) and Statistics (PSY 2402) or equivalent
- For statistics majors, have completed or be enrolled in the following course work: Introductory Statistical Methods (STA 2381), Mathematical Statistics I (STA 4385). Strongly recommended course(s) would include: Computational Methods in Statistics (STA 3381).
- Able and willing to make a 10 hour/week commitment for a minimum of 2 consecutive semesters
- Ability to participate in weekly meetings
- Ability to complete credentialing process during summer (requires internet access; you do not have to be physically present for most of the process)
- Have completed or be enrolled in appropriate course work at Baylor University (e.g., PSY 4371, PSY 4V96)
IMPORTANT: We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis. If you have any questions regarding your application, please email [email protected]. All students who turn in a completed application will be notified of their status via email.