Thank you for your interest in the BUGS-VA Program opportunity!
Please remember that in order for your application to be considered complete and eligible for review, you must have the following items submitted with your application as well as meet the following academic and program requirements.
Required application materials:
- Submitted Online Application
- Professional Resume or CV, please upload within the online application.
- Personal Statement, please submit a personal statement that addresses the following questions in 550 words or less in the text block provided within the online application.
- Why are you interested in pursuing psychological research?
- What are your professional or post-graduation goals?
- How will this research experience help you attain your goals?
Academic & Program Requirments
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- High interest in research
- Have completed or be enrolled in the following course work: Research Methods (PSY 2405) and Statistics (PSY 2402) or equivalent
- Able and willing to make a 10 hour/week commitment for a minimum of 2 consecutive semesters
- Ability to participate in weekly meetings
- Have ability to complete credentialing process during summer (requires Internet access; you do not have to be physically present for most of the process
- Have completed or be enrolled in appropriate course work at Baylor University (e.g., PSY 4371, PSY 4V96)
IMPORTANT: We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis. If you have any questions regarding your application, please email Brian.Konecky@va.gov. All students who turn in a completed application will be notified of their status via email.