Thank you for your interest in the CERP Program opportunity!
Please remember that in order for your application to be considered complete and eligible for review, you must have the following items submitted with your application as well as meet the following academic and program requirements.
Required application materials:
- Submitted Online Application
- Professional Resume or CV, please upload within the online application.
- Personal Statement, please submit a personal statement that addresses the following questions in 550 words or less in the text block provided within the online application.
- Letter of Recommendation from one Baylor science professor to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. The applicant is ultimately responsible for the submission of a letter before the application deadline. Letters should be emailed directly to Andrew.Cook@va.gov with subject line of "CERP LOR".
- Why are you interested in pursuing psychological research?
- What are your professional or post-graduation goals?
- How will this research experience help you attain your goals?
Academic & Program Requirments
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- High interest in research
- Have completed or be enrolled in the following course work: Research Methods (PSY 2405) and Statistics (PSY 2402) or equivalent
- Able and willing to make a 10 hour/week commitment for a minimum of 2 consecutive semesters
- Ability to participate in weekly meetings
- Have ability to complete credentialing process during summer (requires Internet access; you do not have to be physically present for most of the process
- Have completed or be enrolled in appropriate course work at Baylor University (e.g., PSY 4371, PSY 4V96)
IMPORTANT: We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis. If you have any questions regarding your application, please email Andrew.Cook@va.gov or Bryann.Debeer@va.gov. All students who turn in a completed application will be notified of their status via email.