Research Program Details
PREHEALTH RESEARCH PROGRAM DETAILS
- Selected Prehealth Interns in CERP, Hillcrest, PRAP, and SWURP, will enroll in the PHP 2102 course (Medical Research Internship) either during or following their internship program. Click the following link 2014-2015 Internship Guidelines for details on the syllabus for this course.
- Before beginning an internship program, students are required to attend the Prehealth Internship Orientation usually held in May.
- PHP 2101 (Foundations of Medical Research) is highly recommended to those considering applying to the Prehealth Research Programs. This course, taught by the Director of Prehealth Studies, serves as an introduction to clinical/medical research in an academic medical setting, including medical ethics, research modalities, and evaluation tools.
- Honors Thesis: Depending on the program’s research project, students may have the opportunity to use this research toward the completion of a thesis in the Honors Program. This would only apply to students currently enrolled in the Honors Program.
- All Research Programs require an application, cover letter, resume, letter(s) of recommendation, and an interview. Please see each program’s page for further information and deadlines.
- Professional development is a key part of our internship programs. The Office of Career and Professional Development can help you improve on interview skills, professional etiquette, and proper attire that will prepare you for your application and participation in our programs if selected. Visit their website HERE for resources on developing a strong résumé and cover letter in order to present yourself as a competitive applicant for these programs.
- Interns should be matriculated Prehealth Students registered full time who will continue attending Baylor University after completion of the summer program.
- Eligible students must complete at least one full semester at Baylor University before applying to these programs.
- Some of the hospitals also require students to be US Citizens.