Douglas V. Henry
Brooks Flats 135G
Waco, TX 76798 (254) 710-4860
- Ph.D - Vanderbilt University (Philosophy)
- M.A. - Vanderbilt University (Philosophy)
- B.A. – Oklahoma Baptist University (Religion)
- Plato, Ancient Philosophy
- Plato, Ancient Philosophy, Religion and Higher Education, Philosophy of Education
- Editor, with Michael Beaty, of The Schooled Heart: Moral Formation in American Higher Education. Baylor University Press, 2007.
- Editor, with Michael Beaty, of Christianity and the Soul of the University: Faith as a Foundation for Intellectual Community. Baker Academics, 2006.
- Editor, with Bob R. Agee, of Faithful Learning and the Christian Scholarly Vocation. Eerdmans, 2003.
- "The End of Baptist Dissent", Perspectives in Religious Studies, vol. 40, no. 4 (Winter 2013): 367-387.
- "Plato's Symposium, in Finding a Common Thread: Reading Great Texts from Homer to O'Conner, ed. Roberts C. Roberts, Scott H. Moore, and Donald D. Schmeltekopf (South Bend, IN: St. Augustine's Press, 2013), pp. 32-49.
- "Hope's Promise for Christians in the not yet and in Between", Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture, vol. 14, no. 3 (Summer 2011):104-132.
- "Quid Ipse Sis Nosse Desisti," in The Normativity of the Natural: Human Goods, Human Virtues, and Human Flourishing, ed. Mark J. Cherry, Philosophical Studies in Contemporary Culture, vol. 16 (Dordrecht: Springer, 2009), pp. 77-99.
- "Reasonable Doubts about Reasonable Nonbelief," Faith and Philosophy, vol. 25, no. 3 (July 2008): 276-289.
- "Protestant Free Church Christians and Gaudium et Spes: An Historical and Philosophical Perspective," Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture, vol. 10, no. 1 (Winter 2007): 132-161. Co-authors: Michael D. Beaty and Scott H. Moore.
- "Can Baptist Theology Sustain the Life of the Mind? The Quest for a Vital Baptist Academy," Perspectives in Religious Studies, vol. 33, no. 2 (Summer 2006): 203-226.
- "Intellectual Integrity in the Christian Scholar's Life," Christian Scholar's Review, vol. 33, no. 2 (Fall 2003): 55-74.
- "Correspondence Theories, Natural-Selective Truth, and Unsurmounted Skepticism" Philosophia Christi, vol. 5, no. 1 (June 2003): 93-112.
- "Does Reasonable Nonbelief Exist?" Faith and Philosophy, vol. 18, no. 1 (January 2001): 75-92.