1. PC - The printers won't stay working or none of the other FAQs seem to help. Is there another way to install them?
Chances are, you haven't used our new installer. Our old installation instructions are linked below, but this method is much more complicated than the preferred method. We think you should delete all your PawPrints printers and the app, and reinstall using the method explained here. If you have completed the new install and suspect the queues are broken, navigate to the "PaperCut NG Client" folder in "Program Files (x86)" and double-click the "RESTOREPRINTERS" file.
More Information: www.baylor.edu/pawprints/windows-old
2. Mac - Nothing happens when I launch the PawPrints app.
Make sure you are on Airbear. When you first launch the app, it asks you to login, and you must be online to do this.
3. Mac - Why does the PawPrints app bounce a few times in the dock and then disappear without launching?
The PawPrints app can only be run on OS X 10.7 and later. Mac OS X 10.6 and below are not supported. To check which version of Mac OS X you have, click the Apple in the top-left of your screen and select "About This Mac".
4. Mac - How do I fix this error: PawPrints.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer?
The default security settings on newer Macs blocks the installation of apps downloaded from the Internet. To change this setting navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and set "Allow applications downloaded from:" to Anywhere. You can revert this setting after installing PawPrints if you wish.
5. Linux - I need more help installing PawPrints on Linux. What are my options?
if you've read the instructions at baylor.edu/pawprints/linux and still need help, our software provider has more detailed instructions at the link below. These pertain strictly to installing and configuring the user client, not the printers themselves. While Linux is compatible with PawPrints, support is very limited.
More Information: http://www.papercut.com/products/ng/manual/ch-user-client.html