Baylor > Office of Access and Learning Accommodation > Student Resources > How to Request Services
How to Request Services
Steps for Requesting Accommodations with the Office of Access and Learning Accommodation at Baylor University:
1. Students who are seeking support services from the Office of Access and Learning Accommodation,on the basis of a diagnosed disability, are required to present current (preferably within the last three years) and appropriate documentation, so as to verify eligibility under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The Office of Access and Learning Accommodation is located in the Paul L. Foster Success Center, in the Sid Richardson building, Suite 190.
Drop off, Mail, Fax, or Email any paperwork you have that documents your disability and/or accommodations you've used in the past, along with your OALA application to:
Office of Access and Learning Accommodation
One Bear Place #97204
Waco, Texas 76798
2. Your application and documentation will go before the Documentation Review Committee (DRC) where your eligibility for services will be determined. The committee meets each week throughout the year (except holidays). All required documentation must be received in the OALA office before 5 p.m. on Thursdays to be evaluated during each week's review process. Anything received after 5 p.m. on Thursday will bereviewed the following week. Please allow two (2) business days for an OALA Disability Advisor to contact you after your documentation has been reviewed via email.
3. Once your documentation has been reviewed by the Documentation Review Committee and it has met the documentation standards, you must make an appointment with an assigned Disability Advisor in order to be considered "registered" with the office.
NOTE: If you have been previously assigned to a Disability Advisor, you may continue to see them. If you are a new student with OALA as of 2/1/2011 you will follow the current alphabetical breakdown to be assigned a Disability Advisor.
4. At the beginning of each semester, you will be responsible for logging into your BearWeb account and selecting the professors who would need to receive your accommodation letter. Once you have completed that step, your professor will receive an email displaying your accommodation letter.
You will still need to arrange a meeting with each course instructor at the beginning of each semester in order to discuss and pre-arrange accommodations.
5. Repeat step 4 at the beginning of each semester.
OALA is going green! Help us by emailing your documentation if possible!
Begin the process by filling out your OALA Application