How to Request Services
1. Students who are seeking support services from the Office of Access and Learning Accommodation, on the basis of a diagnosed disability, are required to present current (preferably within the last three years) and appropriate documentation, so as to verify eligibility under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The Office of Access and Learning Accommodation is located in the Paul L. Foster Success Center in the Sid Richardson building, Suite 155-A.
Drop off, mail, fax, or email any paperwork you have that documents your disability and/or accommodations you've used in the past, along with your OALA application to:
Office of Access and Learning Accommodation
One Bear Place #97204
Waco, Texas 76798
Email: [email protected]
2. Your application and documentation will be reviewed and assigned to an Accommodation Specialist. All required documentation must be received in the OALA office before 5 p.m. on Thursdays to be evaluated during each week’s review process. Anything received after 5 p.m. on Thursday will be reviewed the following week. Please allow two (2) business days for an OALA Accommodation Specialist to contact you after your documentation has been reviewed via email.
3. Once your medical documentation has been reviewed and determined to be sufficient, you must then schedule an appointment with your assigned Accommodation Specialist.
4. At the beginning of each semester, you will be responsible for logging into your Bearweb account and selecting the professors who would need to receive your accommodation letter. Letters of accommodation will be generated based on this request and the accommodations agreed upon. Once you have completed this step, your professor will receive an email displaying your accommodation letter.
5. You will need to arrange a meeting with each course instructor at the beginning of each semester in order to discuss and pre-arrange accommodations.
Begin the process by filling out your OALA Application.