Graduate Program Applicants
For admission to the Nursing Graduate Studies Program, candidates must meet the requirements set forth by the Graduate School and the Louise Herrington School of Nursing.
1. Bachelor's degree in any field. (Add Bachor's in Nursing preferred?? Check with MCB)
2. GPA predictive of success in this program (3.0 or higher)
3. Unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
4. Experience as a practicing professional nurse (1-2 years depending on the selected major. Applicants to the Nurse-Midwifery DNP program are encouraged to have one year of clinical practice in Labor & Delivery, extensive observational experiences of birth or education and practice as a doula.) CHECK WITH RILEY r.e. NANN requirements
5. Scores on the General Records Examination General Test (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) within the last five years that are predicting of success in the program (1000 or higher, combined quantitative and verbal). The GRE or MAT requirements may be waived for candidates with a GPA of 3.5 or above.
6. Acceptable writing sample.
7. Basic statistics course. (Graduate stats course - check with MCB)
8. Personal or Telephone interview.
9. Three letters of recommendation. (CNM ONLY?? - check with MCB)