Career Services can assist students in their final semester at the Louise Herrington School of Nursing for permanent employment upon graduation, as well students wishing for part-time employment upon completion of their first semester. Any student wishing to apply for nurse positions should follow these simple guidelines on what to do:
Create your resume
- Attend the resume writing workshop offered at the beginning of every semester. If you are unable to attend this workshop, please review the Resume Writing PowerPoint presentation.
- Use the sample nursing student resume as an outline to create your own resume.
- Refine your resume by using the action words document and calculate your cumulative GPA.
- Schedule an appointment with Cam or Erin to review your resume.
Apply for nursing positions
- Attend the Career Fair held every semester.
- Routinely check the Nursing Job Links for any updates on job postings.
- Write a cover letter specific to the position.
Prepare for an Interview
- Practice answering sample behavior-based interview questions.
- Review General Tips for interview. Click here for the PDF version
- Dress for success.
- Be sure to have your references available. Use the sample references page to help you create a professional document.
- Send a handwritten thank you note following you interview.
Be sure to check your Baylor University email routinely to learn about the various seminars and workshops being held each semester. For more individualized feedback, contact the Coordinator of Career Services to schedule an appointment.
For those of you in your final semester at LHSON, be sure to check the S2 and Graduate Information page for links to all the necessary information you will need to complete your last semester of Nursing School. Each link contains dates, fees and schedules to help you keep up with all that needs to be done. This information is only for those students that are planning to graduate this semester.