- Is there a deposit required with my application?
Yes & No: there is no application fee however your 1st month rent & one time cleaning fee of $50, is required with your application.
- May I have a pet in my apartment?
No: no pets of any type are allowed in the housing partnership rooms.
- Is a fish considered a pet?
Yes: even fish are considered a pet. Basic rule of thumb is, “if it sleeps, eats or breaths, it’s a pet”
- Do I have to sign a contract?
Yes: You will sign a contract with the Marquis for the semester.
- Does double occupancy mean 2 people in one room?
Yes: single occupancy would be only one person in each room.
- Can I rent an entire apartment for myself through this partnership option?
Yes: The cost would be single occupancy rate multiplied by 4 per month
- Is the apartment available unfurnished?
No: The partnership arrangement is designed to be move-in ready, fully- furnished & all bills paid.
- Can I move any furniture out of the apartment?
No: All furniture must remain in the housing partnership rooms.
- Can I bring my own bed?
No: Furniture cannot be removed from the room & apartments are fully furnished. Space for replacement of beds is not available
- Can I have a roommate that is not a Nursing School student?
No: The Partnership housing rate is only available to qualified nursing school students.
- Are there other housing options, besides the Marquis, for Nursing Students?
Yes & No: you may choose to live anywhere you desire, but the Marquis housing option is the only school sponsored option and provides the most amenities at an affordable rate.
- Does the Marquis, Baylor University or Baylor Health Care System provide Insurance to cover lost or stolen articles?
No: Students are strongly encouraged to obtain renter's insurance