S.T.E.P.S. Mentor Description
- Completed at least one full academic school year at Baylor University.
- Enrolled fulltime during the 2013-2014 school year with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
- No current or pending Judicial Sanctions
- Exhibit leadership potential and a strong commitment to the mission of S.T.E.P.S.
- Available to participate in spring and fall mentor training. Dates to be determined.
- Possess a strong interest and commitment to help freshmen make a successful transition to Baylor.
- Applicants must submit the names and contact information for 2 references.
Mentor Responsibilities & Expectations
- Serve as a role model to mentees
- Contacting their mentee at least once per week (by phone, or email)
- Communicate accurate and timely information to the students about Baylor/STEPS
- Meeting with their mentee in person at least once per month
- Attending scheduled mentor meetings and STEPS functions
- Conducting themselves appropriately as representatives of Baylor and the S.T.E.P.S. program
Fill out our mentor questionnaire to be considered a mentor candidate: