Around 9:00 a.m. on January 5, 2004, Gary Shaw received a call from Jack Price, Parkland Hospital administrator at the time President Kennedy was assassinated, asking if he could come visit. When he arrived, he gave nine rolls of undeveloped film to Shaw that had been taken during the Lee Harvey Oswald autopsy at Parkland Hospital on November 24, 1963. The items listed here chronicle the development of the film after being in storage for forty years. Unfortunately, because of the time factor, most of the film was ruined. A few of the photos taken in surgery are shown here. Others are available in the library.
Materials related to Lee Harvey Oswald's surgery at Parkland Hospital,
Nov. 24, 1963
- Film canisters of 35mm film taken of the autopsy of Lee Harvey Oswald by Dr. Karl Dockery. The undeveloped film was in the possession of Jack Price until it was given to Gary Shaw in 2004. The film was subsequently developed. (see supporting documentation below).
- Envelopes which contained the film at the time Jack Price gave it to Gary Shaw.
- 35mm film negatives, nine rolls
- CD of 35mm film negatives - Available in library
- CD of 35mm film positives - Selected Photos
- Photos of box as it was received from Jack Price showing three envelopes holding nine rolls of film.
- FBI File #100-10461 3/13/64 RE Dr. Karl Dockery's film of Lee Harvey Oswald's surgery at Parkland Hospital on November 24, 1963 and the disposition of the film by Mr. C. J. Price, Parkland administrator. [Documents from www.maryferrell.org ] 2 pages.
- From the desk of J. Gary Shaw dated 3/26/04. Agreement with Robert Groden RE processing of the Dockery film.
- Invoice from the ColorPlace for B&W prints, 1/14/2004.
- Web page for Rocky Mountain Film Laboratory RE Kodachrome II Movie film developing. 1/7/2004 [www.rockymountainfilm.com/kiimovie.htm ]. 2 pages.
- Handwritten notes by Gary Shaw RE visit of Jack Price to Cleburne on January 5, 2004 to deliver the Dockery film. 2 pages. Includes two sticky notes:
- "Bob Force 817-517-6261 111 Bales ----------- Diane 335-3515 K-12"
- "Doc died: 15 Nov. 2001"
- Letter from J. Gary Shaw to Jack and Alice Price, February 21, 2004, RE film developing.
- Email between J. Gary Shaw, February 26, 2004, and Jack Price, March 2, 2004, RE film developing.
- Receipt from Rocky Mountain Film Lab for K-11 dev. May 30, 1990.
- 8mm film, 3 rolls, 3", One is labeled "Military Man."
- 16mm film in small metal cans, one labeled "40 ASA K11."