For many years, Ricky Don White lived with the knowledge that his late father, Roscoe Anthony White, probably participated in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In 1989, he contacted a researcher affiliated with the JFK Assassination Information Center of Dallas. Subsequently, a team comprised of respected researchers and a legal investigator checked out all aspects of Ricky White's story. The resulting evidence was released at a press conference on August 6, 1990. The documents presented here are from that press conference with the addition of the materials encased in acetate and the scrapbook listed at the bottom of the page.
Contact Poage Library if you have questions about these materials.
Roscoe White Press Kit [August 6, 1990]
Left Side of the folder
- Photo: Roscoe Anthony White in Marine dress uniform, color 8x10 [photocopy] on 8.5x11 paper.
- Photo: Roscoe Anthony White with rifle, U.S. Marines [photocopy 5x7.
- Photo: Roscoe Anthony White in fatigue uniform wearing camouflage helmet [photocopy] 5x7.
- Roscoe Anthony White certificate of Acceptance by U.S. Marines, Feb. 19, 1957. 8.5x11 [photocopy].
- Sergeant (E-5) Roscoe Anthony White 1666106 Honorable Discharge, U.S. Marines, Dec. 4, 1962.
- Cpl. R. A. White Certificate of Proficiency, Artillery Ballistic Meteorology Course, Sept. 23, 1960.
- Photo: Roscoe Anthony White, Dallas Police photo, Nov. 5, 1963
- Photo of Jack Ruby and Mrs. Roscoe (Geneva) White [photocopy].
- Photo: Roscoe Anthony White with Dallas Police Academy class. White seated in center of front row marked by large white arrow. [photocopy] 8.5x11 paper.
- Roscoe Anthony White Certificate from Dallas Police Academy. Feb. 28, 1964 for completion of course in General Police Science. [photocopy] 8.5x11 paper.
- Photo: Roscoe Anthony White in police uniform, color 3.5x3.5 [photocopy] on same 8.5x11 paper with
- Photo: Roscoe Anthony White with toupee, color 4x6 [photocopy] .
- Photo: Roscoe and Geneva White, color 8x10 [photocopy] on 8.5x11 paper. .
- Roscoe A White, Sr. obituary, Sept. 24, 1971 [photocopy].
Right Side of the folder
- Synopsis RE Ricky Don White, 3 pages.
- Ricky White's Chronology of his story, 2 pages.
- Letter of employment, Roscoe Anthony White, Dallas Police, October 7, 1963. Signed by J. E. Curry, "9-27-63" [smudged photocopy].
- Letter of resignation from Dallas Police Department from Roscoe A. White to Mr. J. E. Curry, Chief of Police, October 7, 1965, [smudged photocopy].
- Ricky Don White polygraph examination questions/results, Affidavit, July 27, 1990, by The Integrity Center. Includes professional experience of examiner, Billy O. Wingo. 3 pages.
- Excerpt from "Alleged assassination plots involving foreign leaders, an interim report of the Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations." New York: W. W. Norton & Co., . (Also published by GPO, Nov. 1975). Pages 182, 205 RE ZR/RIFLE.
- Photos: Metal canister showing three cable messages encapsulated in yellowing acetate. Two color photos on 8.5x11 paper. [photocopy].
- Photo: Color photo of Lee Harvey Oswald materials. 8.5x10 [photocopy].
- Three cable messages preserved and hidden by Roscoe Anthony White, each bearing his code name, Mandarin, and his military serial number, 1666106. Three photocopies of transcriptions of documents -- See Original
Roscoe White Materials not in Press Kit
- Photograph, 8x10, B&W. Roscoe White and three other men in bathing suits standing in water along the shore. n.d.
- Scrapbook contained inside "The New Universal Dictation Course." News clippings related to the Kennedy assassination are pasted in book upside down starting from the back. Handwritten notes are extremely hard to read. - For better resolution Contact Poage Library
- Original cable messages preserved and hidden by Roscoe Anthony White. Laminated in acetate which is now yellowing and cracking -- See transcripts
- News clippings and negatives laminated in acetate.