Baylor University Poage Library

Bullock Endowment

The Mission | New Bullock Endowment brochure

The Bullock Archive preserves the legacy of Bob Bullock for the people of Texas, and provides a research facility for the study of the legislative process based on Bullock’s legendary example of public service.

Read an Introduction to the Archive by Jan Felts Bullock

The Archive

Beginning in 1993, Bob Bullock began depositing his state and personal papers at the Baylor Collections of Political Materials in accordance with an agreement between Baylor University and the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.

The bulk of Bullock’s papers span from 1972-1999 and document the key roles of his career in Texas state government as Comptroller and Lieutenant Governor. His campaign files include materials on issues, opponents, polls, contributors and endorsements while his personal materials preserved in the Bullock Archive include family scrapbooks, digital media and professional memorabilia.

Friends of the Archive

The Bullock Archive Endowment at Baylor provides for the long-term preservation of these historic political and personal papers. Friends and former colleagues of Bob Bullock are being asked to keep his legacy alive by providing funds to support the upkeep of this Archive.

The Bullock Archive Endowment will fund:

  • professional staffing for on- and off-site research assistance
  • maintenance of the collection
  • technology improvements
  • public exhibits in cooperation with other archives and museums
  • digitization and web display of media materials.

Your gift will ensure the Bullock Archive remains vibrant and alive, serving as a research treasure and teaching tool for scholars and all Texans.

Instructions and online forms for giving to the Bullock Archive Endowment can be found at the Baylor Online Giving page.

Baylor University is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization chartered in the State of Texas. Gifts to Baylor University are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. Please consult your personal tax adviser.