This online guide is an introduction to the resources of the Bob Bullock Archive at the Poage Library. These statements and indices describe the basic arrangement and content, and list subgroups and series of materials. In addition, a detailed printed finding aid is available at the Poage Library containing detailed description of files, microfilm reel analysis, and related materials.
The Bullock Archive houses the Bob Bullock public papers covering the years 1972 to 1999. It consists of correspondence with constituents, staff, and state senators, and contains public documents, news clippings, and notebooks documenting Bullock's career in Texas state government as Comptroller and then as Lieutenant Governor. His campaign files contain materials related to campaign issues, opponents, polls, contributors, endorsements, press releases, and speeches. In addition, Bullock also deposited personal materials such as family scrapbooks, photo albums, and other memorabilia. The Bob Bullock Archive contains over 6,000 photographs, video tapes, and over 300 framed photographs, awards, and certificates. It has approximately 1100 linear feet of materials.
How To Use This Site
- Become familiar with the organization and topics available to archival
researchers by browsing through the online statements and indices in
the menu at left.
- Read the access restrictions
and regulations for use.
- Contact the Bullock
Archivist to discuss your project. The Archivist will be happy to
assist you in locating supplemental or alternate materials to take full
advantage of this extensive collection.
- The Poage Library website
is an excellent source of online guides to research materials on Texas politics.
- Use the BearCat online catalog
to find materials in the Bullock Archive that are cataloged online.
Start with the following steps:
- Type "Bob Bullock" as a keyword search.
- Select "Modify Search" and scroll down to Advanced Keyword Search.
- Select Location as "B > Baylor Coll Political Mat" to limit your search to Bullock Archive materials (see image below).
- Remember, not all Bullock Archive materials are recorded in the online catalog.
- Check the New Materials section of the BearCat online catalog to browse any recently cataloged materials from the BCPM collections. Some new materials will not appear in the online catalog.