On August 24, 2010, the Baylor University Libraries unveiled a new, streamlined web site that moves even more functionality to the front page, saving you time and effort in accessing the information you need to succeed! The new, multi-faceted search interface features BearCat Plus, a new discovery tool that provides a streamlined search interface and integrated access to
- BearCat: The Libraries' traditional online catalog, which contains information on the print, non-print, and electronic resources owned by the Baylor Libraries
- BEARdocs: The Libraries' institutional repository, which contains digital materials that represent the intellectual life of Baylor University, such as electronic theses and dissertations
- CONTENTdm: The Libraries' digital collections, which are digital representations of unique and rare materials available in the Baylor Libraries.
- Research Guides: Online research guides developed by Baylor University Library staff.
Along with this powerful, new integrated search capability, BearCat Plus enhances your research experience with these features:
- A single, Google-like search box for queries
- Search facets that allow you to quickly refine your results to find the most relevant resources
- A word cloud that links you to related topics to expand your research categories
- Search results that immediately display information about items returned in searches, including direct links to online materials when available
- A "My Discoveries" feature that allows you to identify and "tag" items of interest for future reference
- Retention of popular features in BearCat Classic, such as "Text a Call Number", "Request", and information about the book, including: table of contents, reviews, excerpts, and links to content at Google Books.
The traditional search interfaces for BearCat Classic, BEARdocs, and CONTENTdm will remain readily accessible, but we invite you to take advantage of the new features BearCat Plus offers to enhance your research. If you have questions about BearCat Plus or would like to provide some feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.