Library staff can obtain and install the Sierra software for their computers by doing the following:
- Use the Sierra Desktop URL to initiate the install: Sierra Desktop App.
- You should be redirected to an install page where you can download the OS-appropriate installer. Please note that you MUST allow popups in your browser.
- Run the installer, answering the required prompts.
- When installing from a Mac, follow the link using Safari--there may be issues with installation using Chrome or Firefox.
Additional information for installing from a Mac:
- Click on Finder | Applications | System Preferences
- Select Security and Privacy
- Under General, .Allow applications downloaded from., select Anywhere then Allow From Anywhere button.
- Download the installer.
- After downloading, double click on the installer and follow the installer wizard prompts.
- When the installation completes, if you would like to change the Security settings back to Apple's default, undo your changes
- Make sure the security level in the Java Control Panel is set to Medium.
If you have problems with the installation, contact Denyse Rodgers (x2771 or [email protected]