2014 ELI Focus Session &
Transformational Teaching Showcase
On April 1, 2 and 3, 2014, the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) will present its Spring Focus Session that will explore the theme, "Faculty Engagement and Development: Effective and Innovative Practice." The focus session will explore these significant themes:
- Management of faculty development programs
- Demonstrating the connection and alignment of faculty development programs with core institutional needs (i.e., improved instruction; innovative instructional approaches; instructional expertise in new instructional models; effective use of instructional technologies; student engagement/retention)
- Faculty development in emergent areas: learning analytics, new instructional models, competency-based education, adaptive learning
- Faculty development programs for incoming faculty members and adjunct faculty members
- New models of faculty development programs
The Baylor Libraries will present the 2014 Spring Focus Session in Jones Library, Room 200, and along with this year's programming will also feature a Transformational Teaching Showcase panel.The Transformational Teaching Showcase panel will explore the experience of several Baylor faculty with the Canvas by Instructure learning management system. This session will take place on Wednesday, April 2, 2014, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m and will feature:
- Dr. Kara Alexander
- Dr. Sandy Bennett
- Christina Boyles
- Dr. Dan Shafer
Please see the links to the right for a complete schedule and to register for the lunch sessions on each of these days. If you need a parking pass or guest Wifi access, please indicate these needs on the registration form.
Please contact Darlene Youts for more information.