What's it like?
The Crouch Fine Arts Library employs between 15 and 20 student assistants each semester. Student employees perform a variety of tasks:
Assisting Library guests with reference questions, locating resources, and checking library materials in and out.
- Sorting and shelving returned materials such as books, scores, music recordings, and videos.
Shelf-reading our collection to ensure that our materials are tidy and in the correct order.
Performing other tasks as assigned.
Sounds like a typical library job. Why should I work for the Fine Arts Library?
- You will be surrounded by all things music and fine arts in a fun learning environment.
Student assistants in the Fine Arts Library enjoy a fixed schedule from week to week with a "no mystery shifts" guarantee.
- Student assistants are allowed to study and access the computers for personal use so long as library guests receive prompt service and all assigned work has been completed beforehand.
- Our student workforce is top-notch!
How do I apply for a job in the Fine Arts Library?
- File an application with Delores Oliver, the Central Libraries' human resources liaison. For detailed instructions about how to apply, follow this link: http://www.baylor.edu/lib/index.php?id=98780
- Be sure to indicate on your application that you would prefer to work for the Fine Arts Library.
- When indicating your hours of availability on the application, be as flexible as your schedule allows.
- Include any relevant experience you may have with libraries, music, and/or art.
Thank you for your interest in working for the Fine Arts Library, and best wishes on your job search.
-The Crouch Staff