The Baylor WordPress service seeks to provide an informative and useful resource to University students and employees. The same University policies and procedures that apply to your conduct on campus apply to your conduct on the Baylor WordPress. You agree to use the Baylor WordPress for lawful purposes only. You may not use or allow others to use the Baylor WordPress to:
• Post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person.
• Post or transmit personal correspondence or email communications without the author's permission.
• Post or transmit any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law.
• Post, transmit, or link to sexually explicit material.
• Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, including Baylor University.
• Post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters and pyramid schemes.
• Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site.
• Post or transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
• Post or transmit any material that in any way violates the Baylor University policies or procedures.
Baylor University may at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion, remove any post or terminate your ability to access the Baylor WordPress site for violating the above provisions.
The content on this site is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and is the property of Baylor University and/or the providers of the content under license. By "content" we mean any information, mode of expression, or other materials and services found on the Baylor WordPress site. This includes the pages, software, writings, graphics, and any and all other features found on the site.
When you post content (such as a post on your homepage) on Baylor WordPress, you might own the copyright in that content in accordance with the terms of Baylor’s Intellectual Property Policy. If you own the copyright to the content posted, by participating in Baylor WordPress, you agree that Baylor University has an unlimited license to republish anything you post. For content in which Baylor owns the copyright, you may make one copy of such content that you find on this site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that any material copied remains intact and includes the following notice: "Copyright _____ (insert year) Baylor University. All rights reserved." Any other copying, distribution, storing, or transmission of any kind, or any sort of commercial use of Baylor University WordPress content is prohibited without prior written permission from Baylor University.
Nothing found on the Internet or from any third party should be posted or transmitted unless it is in the public domain, is determined to be a “Fair Use" (as defined by the Copyright Act), is properly licensed (including Creative Commons licenses), or is reproduced with permission. Baylor has an excellent Copyright Guidelines resource on its copyright website where more information is available. In addition to copyright compliance, the source for all third party content must be properly acknowledged or cited in order to prevent potential plagiarism issues.
Merger, Choice of Law and Venue:
If any provision in this Agreement is invalid, unenforceable, or nonsensical, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas (except with respect to choice of law). You agree that the proper forum for any claim arising under this Agreement will be the U.S. Court for the Western District of Texas or an appropriate Texas state court located in McLennan County Texas.