Faculty/Staff URL Redirects*
Faculty and staff may elect to redirect a URL like http://www.baylor.edu/firstname_lastname to a personal web site on either http://blogs.baylor.edu, http://sites.baylor.edu, or any other personal page on the baylor.edu domain.
Follow these instructions to set your redirect:
- Visit http://www.baylor.edu/directory.
- Click the "Faculty, Staff and Student Directory" link and login with Bear_ID (firstname_lastname) and password.
- On the following page, click "Release Settings" at the top.
- Scroll down to the "Web Home Page" section and select "Other," providing the full domain name of your preferred baylor.edu homepage in the field below. NOTE: This URL must contain http:// and include the last trailing slash after the sitename (example: http://sites.baylor.edu/firstname_lastname/).
- Scroll back to the top and click the "Update Settings" button.
- 'List' your homepage. If you are submitting your URL to the Information Release Settings for the first time, be sure to select the "List in Homepages A-Z" check box before updating your settings. When you do this, you agree to let Baylor provide a link to your site in the Faculty/Staff Home Pages listing, which you can find through the main Baylor home page by clicking on the "Search" link at the bottom and then selecting the "A - Z" link on the following screen.
- Select access privileges. The last thing you'll need to do after you have submitted your site's URL and checked the "Active" option is decide whether you want to make a link to your site visible in your directory listing. You have the option of making this link available to anyone who types your name in the Baylor directory (General Public); available to anyone in the Baylor community, but not the general public (Faculty, Staff and Students); or available only to faculty and staff (Faculty and Staff).
When you have completed these steps, the redirect URL (http://www.baylor.edu/Your_Name) will automatically be sent to the site you listed in your Information Release Settings.
*NOTE: Redirects are only available to faculty and staff at this time. In the event that manually setting your hompage redirect fails to work within five to 10 minutes after updating, please contact lance_grigsby(at)baylor.edu for assistance..