Mission, Beliefs, and Diversity Statement
The Academy for Leader Development seeks to provide curricular and co curricular experiences that facilitate student discovery of their God-given talents and responsibility to lead others in a journey toward a more just and humane world.
At the Academy for Leader Development, we believe that:
- Leadership is largely about change and reveals new horizons for a more just, equitable and humane world.
- All human beings, regardless of race, gender or ethnicity have the capacity to lead and influence the world for noble purposes.
- Helping students understand life as a stewardship and work as a vocation releases them to lead out of their divine giftedness.
- Some individuals are called to sustained positions of leadership (and possess the Christian spiritual gift of leadership), but also that no human being is released from the responsibility to influence the world for noble and good purposes through opportunities to lead.
- Leadership is a shared responsibility that requires collaboration, diversity of thought and is best experienced in the context of community.
- As a Christian institution of higher learning, we have a compelling responsibility to prepare leaders for lives of service.
The Academy believes all human beings, regardless of race, gender or ethnicity have the capacity to lead and influence the world so we welcome students from all diverse backgrounds.