The competition is set for Baylor Law School’s 2014 Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition taking place June 4-8 in Waco, Texas.
This innovative, invitation-only mock trial tournament takes the best trial advocates from 16 of the top advocacy schools in the nation and has them go head-to-head for the honor of being named National Top Gun. The first-place winner receives $10,000.
Founded in 2010, Baylor Law’s Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition creates a challenging atmosphere for competitors. Unlike other mock trial competitions, participants do not receive the case file until they arrive in Waco — just 24 hours before the first round of trials begin.
In keeping with Baylor Law’s desire to push the boundaries of advocacy training and competition, this year’s competition will incorporate trial presentation technology. Baylor Law has invited ExhibitView Solutions LLC to provide its trial presentation technology.
ExhibitView™ 5 helps lawyers meet the demand for modern presentation by being a complete user friendly, PDF driven, legal focused software tool. ExhibitView™ 5 helps lawyers reach judge, jurors, and mediators through a combination of electronic documents that include:
- Video Depositions
- Audio Recordings
- Web-Based Evidence
The law schools invited to the 2014 Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition are:
- Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Duquesne University School of Law
- Faulkner University, Jones School of Law
- Hofstra University, Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law
- South Texas College of Law
- Stetson University College of Law
- Syracuse University College of Law
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law
- University of Akron School of Law
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- Washington University School of Law
- Yale Law School
Baylor Law, as the organizing institution, does not field a team. Along with Baylor Law School, the 2014 Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition is sponsored by the law firm Naman Howell Smith & Lee PLLC, which has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Harker Heights, Temple and Waco.