With students and professors going off to fight in Europe, North Africa and the Pacific, and the flow of future students ebbing as undergraduates also went to war, Baylor Law School quietly suspended operations from 1943 to 1946. When the Law School re-opened in the fall of 1946, about 100 students enrolled. By the fall of 1949, -- thanks to the GI Bill -- the number of enrolled Baylor Law School students had grown to 402.

McSwain
Bronze Bust Honors 'The Dean' Angus McSwain

In October 2013, Baylor Law dedicated a new bronze bust of Dean McSwain. It sits next to the bronze bust of another Baylor Law School giant, Judge Abner V. McCall, who also served as dean of the Law School and president of Baylor University.

Vets
Serving Those Who Served Through Veterans' Clinic

Upon hearing about Baylor Law's Veterans' Assistance Clinic, a free legal aid clinic held once a month for local veterans in McLennan County, Baylor Law student and military veteran Cole Combs found yet another way to serve his country and his community.

Students
'The Greatest Generation' Attends Baylor Law School

In the years just after World War II ended, Baylor Law students attended some of their classes at the Law Annex, located near Baylor Drug on the corner of Fifth Street and Speight Avenue. This photo of students taking a break outside the drug store illustrates the average student at the time: World War II veterans.

Copyright © Baylor® University. All rights reserved. Legal Disclosures.        Disclaimer