The CDO maintains its own library of books, pamphlets, and other written materials concerning all aspects of career development and job searching. The library is located in the main CDO office. Most of the volumes are availble for checkout.
- Alternative Careers for Lawyers: Princeton Review – Hillary Jane Mantis, 1997.
- Careers in Law - Gary S. Munneke, 1993.
- Non-legal Careers for Lawyers – Gary A. Munneke, William D. Henslee, and Ellen S. Wayne, 5th edition, 2006.
- Running from the Law: Why Good Lawyers Are Getting Out of the Legal Profession – Deborah L. Arron, 3rd edition, 2004.
- Searching for an Alternative – NALP, 2003. Pamphlet.
- Staying at Home, Staying in the Law: A Guide to Remaining Active in the Legal Profession While Pursuing Your Dreams – Julie Tower-Pierce, 2008.
- The Lawyer’s Career Change Handbook: More Than 300 Things You Can Do With a Law Degree – Hindi Greenberg, Revised and Updated, 2002.
- The Non-Traditional Legal Careers Report – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- The Road Not Taken: A Practical Guide to Exploring Non-Legal Career Options – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- The New What Can You Do With a Law Degree? A Lawyer’s Guide to Career Alternatives Inside, Outside and Around the Law - Introducing the Five-Step Lawyer Career Satisfaction Model - Dr. Larry Richard & Tanya Hanson, 2012.
- The Lawyer's Career Change Handbook - More Than 300 Things You Can Do With A Law Degree - Hindi Greenberg, 2002.
- Chambers Associate: The Student’s Guide to Law Firms. 5 copies.
- Directory of Corporate Counsel Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.
- In House Law Departments. 6th edition. 2009.
- Internships with America’s Top Companies – Career Education Institutes, Spring 2013.
- Texas Lawyer 2016 Directory of Corporate Counsel – Baylor CDO. Binder.
Cover Letter Tips/Thank You Letter Tips
- Before You Hit Send - NALP, 2002. Pamphlet.
- Begin With a Successful Summer - NALP, 2002. Pamphlet.
- AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee – Directory of Members – 2012.
- Directory of Experts and Legal Services – Martindale-Hubbell, 2008-2009.
- Directory of Legal Employers – NALP, 2011-2012.
- Guide to Law Firm Pro Bono Programs – Vault, 2007 edition.
- Guide to the Top Texas and Southwest Law Firms – Vault, 2006 edition.
- Law Firm Diversity Programs – Vault, 2007 edition.
- Legal Times Directory of Metro D.C. Law Offices – ALM, 2008.
- Member Handbook and Membership Directory – NALP, 2008-2009.
- National Directory of Prosecuting Attorneys – NDAA, 2007.
- Southwestern Directory – ALM, 2014.
- The Lawyer’s Almanac – Wolters Kluwer, 2016.
- Top 100 Law Firms – Vault, 2016 edition. Two copies.
Dress to Impress
- Dress to Impress: Building Your Professional Wardrobe 2010-2011 – Baylor CDO. Handout.
- A-Z Business Etiquette Guide for Legal Professionals – Robert Half Legal. Handout.
- Maximize Your Lawyer Potential: Professionalism and Business Etiquette for Law Students and Lawyers – Amee R. McKim, 2009. Two copies.
- The Etiquette Edge: The Unspoken Rules for Business Success – Beverly Langford, 2005.
- The Modern Rules of Business Etiquette – Donna Gerson, 2008. Two copies.
- ATF Opportunities for Attorneys and Law Students. 2009. Pamphlet.
- Do Your Legal Career Justice – Opportunities for Law Students, Entry-Level Attorneys and Lateral Attorneys at the U.S. Department of Justice. Pamphlet.
- NALP 2005-2006 Federal Legal Employment Opportunities Guide – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- Office of General Counsel: Legal Honors Program 2014-2015 – United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Brochure.
- Protect America … and Secure Your Future – Join the Border Patrol Today. U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Pamphlet.
- U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Texas Summer Internship Program - Pamphlet.
- U.S. Department of Justice - multiple pamphlets.
- USAA - 2-sided card.
- Foundations of the Economic Approach to Law - Avery Weiner Katz, 2006.
- Take Control of Your Future – How to Manage Your Educational Debt – Equal Justice Works. Pamphlet.
- The Modern Rules of Personal Finance for Professionals – Susan A. Berson, 2008.
- The Lawyer's Guide to Increasing Revenue - Arthur G. Greene, 2nd edition, 2011. 3 copies.
- An Insider’s Guide to Interviewing - NALP, 2004. Booklet.
- High Impact Interview Questions - 701 Behavior Based Questions to Find the Right Person for Every Job - Victoria A. Hoevemeyer, 2006.
- Sweaty Palms: The Neglected Art of Being Interviewed - H. Anthony Medley, 1993.
- The Essential Book of Interviewing: Everything You Need to Know from Both Sides of the Table - Arnold B. Kanter, 1995.
- The How-To’s of Informational Interviewing - NALP, 2004. Pamphlet.
- The Insider’s Guide to Getting a Big Firm Job: What Every Law Student Should Know About Interviewing - Erika Finn and Jessica Olmon, 2009.
- The Legal Job Interview: Winning the Law-Related Job Market - Clifford R. Ennico, 1992.
- After Law School: Finding a Job in a Tight Market – Saul Miller, 1978.
- Guerrilla Tactics for Getting the Legal Job of Your Dreams – Kimm Alayne Walton, 2nd edition, 2008. Five copies.
- How to Get a Legal Job - A Guide for New Attorneys and Law School Students - Shauna C. Bryce, 2012.
- Jackson Lewis – Labor & Employment-Related Legal Services - Christopher C. Antone.
- Job Quest for Lawyers – The Essential Guide to Finding and Landing the Job You Want – ABA Law Practice Management Section Young Lawyers Division, 2011
- Job Strategies for People with Disabilities – Melanie Astaire Witt, 1992.
- Jobs for Lawyers: Effective Techniques for Getting Hired in Today’s Legal Marketplace – Hillary Mantis and Kathleen Brady, 1996.
- Legal Career Management: Preparing for a Job Search and Career Transition – R. L. Hermann, 2008. CDs.
- Legal Career Management: The Hidden Legal Job Market; Major Employer Complaints; Solo Practice Success - R.L. Hermann, 2008. CDs.
- Objection Overruled: Overcoming Obstacles in the Lawyer Job Search – Kathy Morris, 2000. Booklet.
- Practicing Law in Small-Town America - Richard L. Hermann, 2012.
- The 110 Biggest Mistakes Job Hunters Make: And How to Avoid Them – R. L. Hermann, 2nd Edition, 1994.
- The Best of the Job Goddess: Phenomenal Job Search Advice from the Country’s Most Popular Legal Job Search Columnist – Kimm Walton, 1999.
- The Lawyer’s Guide to Finding Success in Any Job Market – R. L. Hermann, 2009.
- The New Lawyer's Survival Guide, Volume 1 - From Lemons to Lemonade in the New Legal Market - Winning Job Search Strategies for Entry Level Attorneys - Richard L. Hermann, 2012
- The Right Moves: Job Search and Career Development Strategies for Lawyers – Valerie A. Fontaine, 2006.
- The Ten Most Wanted List - 10 Things You Must Do to Get the Job You Really Want - pamphlet.
- Almanac of the Federal Judiciary Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.
- Behind the Bench: The Guide to Judicial Clerkships – Debra M. Strauss, 2002.
- Federal Appellate Court Law Clerk Handbook – Joseph L. Lemon, 2007.
- Federal District Court Law Clerk Handbook – Calvert G. Chipchase, 2007.
- Federal-State Court Directory – 2014 Edition.
- Judicial Clerkships in Brief – NALP, 2005. Pamphlet.
- Judicial Clerkships: A Practical Guide – Mary L. Dunnewold, Beth A. Honetschlager and Brenda L. Tofte, 2010.
- Judicial Yellow Book – A Leadership Directory, 2016.
- State of Texas Appellate Courts – Baylor CDO. Handout.
- The 2016-2017 Guide to State Judicial Clerkship Procedures – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- The Law Clerk’s Guide to Success – West, 2009. Booklet.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts in Texas – Baylor CDO. Handout.
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th Circuit – Baylor CDO. Handout.
- U.S. District Courts in Texas – Baylor CDO. Handout.
LL.M./Study Abroad/Summer Law Programs
- LL. M. Program Information – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- Study Abroad Programs – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- Summer Law Programs – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- A Lawyer’s Guide to Networking – Susan R. Sneider, JD, 2nd Edition, 2016
- Building Career Connections: Networking Tools for Law Students and New Lawyers – Donna Gerson, 2007.
- Every Relationship Matters: Using the Power of Relationships to Transform Your Business, Your Firm and Yourself – Peter E. Rouse, 2007.
- How to Work a Room: Your Essential Guide to Savvy Socializing, Revised Edition – Susan Roane, 2007.
- Legal Career Management: Legal Job Interviewing and Effective Networking – R. L. Hermann, 2008. CDs.
- Power Networking: 55 Secrets for Personal and Professional Success – Donna Fisher and Sandy Vilas, 1992.
- The Opportunity Maker: Strategies for Inspiring Your Legal Career Through Creative Networking and Business Development – Ari Kaplan, 2008. Three copies.
- The Power of Who: You Already Know Everyone You Need to Know – Bob Beaudine and Tom Dooley, 2009. Two copies.
Non Profit/Public Interest
- Community Lawyering: Theory and Practice – Derek Denckla and Matthew Diller, 2000.
- Equal Justice Works - various information.
- Human Rights First - 2014 Annual Report, 2014.
- Law School Guide to Public Interest Careers – NALP, 2007.
- Non Profit Sector Yellow Book – A Leadership Directory, 2016.
- Public Service Careers – NALP, 2009. Pamphlet.
- Public Service Internships – NALP, 2009. Pamphlet.
- Referral Directory – Legal Services and Other Resources for Low-Income Texans – Legal Support Division of the State Bar of Texas, 2015.
- Response – Catholic Volunteer Network, 2012. Booklet.
- Serving the Public: A Job Search Guide Vol. 1: USA – Harvard, 17th edition, 2006-2007.
- Serving the Public: A Job Search Guide Vol. 2: International – Harvard, 7th edition, 2006-2007.
- Serving the Public: Employer Directory Supplement – Harvard, 2007-2008.
- The State PIRGS: 30 Years of Action in the Public Interest – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- Yale Law School Public Interest Fellowship Guide – Baylor CDO. Binder.
Patent Bar/State Bar
- 2016 Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admission Requirements – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- Bar Exam Review Information – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- MPRE Information - Baylor CDO. Binder.
- Patent Bar Exam Review Information – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- The Bar Examiner - June 2016, current issue
- 2010-2011 Ecology Law Quarterly Environmental Careers Directory – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- A Guide to Environmental Law in Washington D.C. – Charles Openchowski, 1991.
- America’s Greatest Places to Work with a Law Degree & How to Make the Most of Any Job, No Matter Where It Is – Kimm Alayne Walton, 1999.
- Careers in Criminal Law – ABA Criminal Justice Section, 2010
- Careers in Health Law and Life Sciences – NALP, 2nd edition, 2010. Pamphlet.
- Careers in International Law: A Guide to Career Paths in International Law - ASIL, 2013-2014 edition.
- Careers in International Law - Salli A. Swartz, 4th edition, 2012.
- ILSA Guide to Education and Career Development in International Law – Robert F. Kemp and Denise M. Hodge, 1991.
- International Opportunities Resource Guide – NALP, 1999.
- International Public Interest Law – A Guide to Opportunities in the United States and Abroad – Harvard & Yale, 4th edition, 2002.
- John Douglas’s Guide to Careers in the FBI – John E. Douglas, 2nd edition, 2005.
- Practice Perspectives: Vault's Guide to Legal Practice Areas, 2016 edition.
- Public Service and International Law – Yale, 3rd, 1998. Two copies.
- Quick Reference Guide to Practice Areas – BCG. Booklet.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality – Baylor CDO. Binder.
- The Complete Guide to Contract Lawyering: What Every Lawyer and Law Firm Needs to Know About Temporary Legal Services – Deborah Arron and Deborah Guyol, 3rd edition, 2004. Two copies.
- The Criminal Lawyer’s Job: A Survival Guide – Amber L. St. Clair, 2006.
- The Internship Series: For the Prosecution – Internships with America’s Prosecutors – Career Education Institutes, Fall 2013.
- The Internship Series: The Human Rights Internship Book – Career Education Institutes, Fall 2011.
- The Internship Series: The Sports Internship Book – Career Education Institutes, Fall 2013.
- The Music, Media and Entertainment Industry Internship Guide – Entertainment Media Consultants, 26th edition, Fall 2014 thru Summer 2015.
- The Official Guide to Legal Specialties – NALP, 2000.
- Think Again! Innovative Approaches to the Business of Law - Jeffrey L. Nischwitz, 2007.
- Washington Internships in Law and Policy – Career Education Institutes, Spring 2012.
- Best Resumes for Attorneys - Joan Fondell and Mary Jo Russo, 1994.
- Resume Workshop - Baylor CDO. Handout.
- Resumes for Law Careers - McGraw Hill, 3rd edition, 2008.
- AIPLA 2015 Report of the Economic Survey - Prepared under direction of Law Practice Management Committee - American Intellectual Property Law Assiciation, 2015.
- 2014 Associate Salary Survey - NALP.
- 2011 Associate Salary Survey – NALP.
- Jobs & JDs Employment and Salaries of New Law Graduates - Class of 2013 - NALP, 2014
- Jobs & JDs Employment and Salaries of New Law Graduates - Class of 2012 - NALP, 2013
- Jobs & JDs Employment and Salaries of New Law Graduates - Class of 2009 - NALP, 2010.
Solo Practitioner/ Small Firms
- $olo Contendere: How to Go Directly from Law School into the Practice of Law Without Getting a Job – Marc D. Garfinkle, 3rd edition, 2010.
- Business Lawyer’s Handbook: What Business Lawyers Do – Clifford R. Ennico, 1992.
- Career Warfare: 10 Rules for Building a Successful Personal Brand and Fighting to Keep It – David F. D’Alessandro, 2004.
- Choosing Small, Choosing Smart: Job Search Strategies for Lawyers in the Small Firm Market – Donna Gerson, Revised 2nd edition, 2005.
- Flying Solo: A Survival Guide for Solos and Small Firm Lawyers – K. William Gibson, 4th edition, 2005.
- Guide to Small Firm Employment – NALP, 2004. Pamphlet.
- How to Get and Keep Good Clients – Jay G. Foonberg, 2nd edition, 1990.
- How to Start & Build a Law Practice – Jay G. Foonberg, 5th edition, 2004.
- Negotiating with Small Firms – NALP, 2004. Pamphlet.
- On Your Own: Starting Your Successful Law Practice and Career – William A. Wilson, 1996.
- Solo by Choice: How to Be the Lawyer You Always Wanted to Be – Carolyn Elefant, 2008.
- Teach Me to Solo: The Nuts and Bolts of Law Practice – Hal Davis, 2000.
- The Insider’s Guide to Law Firms – Michael F. Walsh and Sheila V. Malkani, 3rd edition, 1997.
-The New Lawyer's Survival Guide - Volume 2 - Small Firms, Big Opportunity - How to Get Hired (and Succeed) in the New Legal Economy - Discover the 9 Advantages to Small Firm Practice - Linda Calvert Hanson, Samantha Williams, 2012.
Texas/Other State Information
- 2015 Texas Courthouse Guide – ALM, 2015.
- State Yellow Book – A Leadership Directory, 2016.
- Texas Legal Directory Vol. 1-4. 2016.
- Texas State Directory. 59th edition, 2016.
- The City/County Attorney Internship Book – Career Education Institutes, 2009.
- Office of the Attorney General Staff – Baylor CDO. Handout.
- State Agencies in Texas – Baylor CDO. Handout.
- Texas City Attorneys – Baylor CDO. Handout.
- Texas District & County Attorneys (with Baylor Law Alumni Listed) – Baylor CDO. Handout.
Transitioning from Law Student to Lawyer
- A Successful Transition for Law Student to Lawyer – NALP, 2003. Pamphlet.
- After the JD III: Third Results from a National Study of Legal Careers - A Joint Publication of The American Bar Foundation and the NALP Foundation for Law Career Research and Education.
- After the JD II: Second Results from a National Study of Legal Careers - A Joint Publication of The American Bar Foundation and the NALP Foundation for Law Career Research and Education.
- After the JD: First Results of a National Study of Legal Careers - The NALP Foundation for Law Career Research and Education and the American Bar Foundation.
- Ethics and Employment – NALP, 1997. Pamphlet.
- From Finals to the Firm: The Top 10 Things New Associates Should Know – Calvin Gladney and Raymond Millien, 2nd edition, 2009.
- From Law School to Law Practice: The New Associate’s Guide – Suzanne B. O’Neill, 3rd edition, 2008. Two copies.
- Introduction to Law Firm Practice – Michael P. Downey, 2010.
- Introduction to the Study and Practice of Law in a Nutshell – Kenney F. Hegland, 5th edition, 2008.
- Law School Success: A Guide to Studying Law and Taking Law School Exams in a Nutshell – Ann Burkhart and Robert Stein, 2nd edition, 2008.
- Should You Really Be a Lawyer? The Guide to Smart Career Choices Before, During & After Law School – Deborah Schneider and Gary Belsky, 2nd edition, 2010.
- Swimming Lessons for Baby Sharks - The Essential Guide to Thriving as a New Lawyer - Grover E. Cleveland, 2010.
- The Legal Career Guide: From Student to Lawyer – Gary Munneke and Ellen Wayne, 5th edition, 2008. CD included. Two copies.
- The New Lawyer’s Handbook: 101 Things They Don’t Teach You in Law School – Karen Thalacker, 2009.
- When Reality Hits – What Employers Want Recent College Graduates to Know – Nancy Barry, 2007.
- Working with a Mentor – Abbott, 2006. Pamphlet.
- You Raised Us - Now Work With Us (Millenials, Career Success, and Building Strong Workplace Teams) - Lauren Stiller Rikleen, 2014.
U.S. Military Information
- U.S. Air Force JAG
- U.S. Army JAG
- U.S. Marine Corp JAG
- U.S. Navy JAG
Women in the Law
- A Career in the Law: A Guide for Women Law Students – NALP, 2001. Booklet.
- Learning to Lead - What Really Works for Women in Law - Gindi Eckel Vincent, Author; Mary B. Cranston, Advisor, 2013.
- Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers – Lois P. Frankel, 2004.
- View from the Top: Q&A With Legal Women Law Leaders – Vault Editors, 2007.
- Women at Law: Lessons Learned Along the Pathways to Success – Phyllis Horn Epstein, 2004.
Work Life Balance/Miscellaneous
- 100+ Pointers for New Lawyers on Adjusting to Your Job - Sharon Meit Abrahams, EdD, 2012, American Bar Association.
- A Deeper Understanding of Your Career Choices – A Companion to The Hidden Sources of Law School Stress - Lawrence S. Krieger – Texas Lawyer Assistance Program State Bar of Texas. Booklet.
- A Short & Happy Guide to Being a Lawyer - Kenney F. Hegland & Paul D. Bennett - 2012.
- Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type – Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron, 4th edition, 2007.
- Giant Killers: The Team and the Law That Help Whistle-Blowers Recover America’s Stolen Billions – Henry Scammell, 2004.
- Judge for Yourself: Clarity, Choice, and Action in Your Legal Career – Miriam Bamberger Grogan and Heather Bradley, 2006.
- LawyerLife: Balancing Life and a Career in Law – Carl Horn III, 2003.
- Law Office Road Map - Practical Skills for Working with Clients - State Bar of Texas, 2012.
- Not Everyone Gets a Trophy: How to Manage Generation Y – Bruce Tulgan, 2009.
- Prepare to Win: A Lawyer’s Guide to Rainmaking, Career Success and Life Fulfillment – Cordell Parvin, 2007.
- Proceed With Caution: A Diary of the First Year at One of America’s Largest, Most Prestigious Law Firms – William R. Keates, 1997.
- Raise the Bar: Real World Solutions for a Troubled Profession – Lawrence J. Fox, 2007.
- The Creative Lawyer: A Practical Guide to Authentic Professional Satisfaction – Michael F. Melcher, 2007.
- The Happy Lawyer: Making a Good Life in the Law – Nancy Levit and Douglas O. Linder, 2010.
- The Hidden Sources of Law School Stress – Avoiding the Mistakes That Create Unhappy & Unprofessional Lawyers – Lawrence S. Krieger – Texas Lawyer Assistance Program – State Bar of Texas. Booklet.
- The Lawyer’s Guide to Balancing Life and Work: Taking the Stress Out of Success – George W. Kaufman, 2nd edition, 2006. Two copies.
- Unbound: How Entrepreneurship is Dramatically Transforming Legal Services Today – David Galbenski and David Barringer, 2009.
- Work, Life and the High Calling of the Law: A Managing Partner’s Perspective – Ralph G. Wrobley, 2010.