The interview is the most important step in the hiring process. It lends depth and personality to the resume. Expect difficult questions. Your response to different situations is being tested. Always be yourself and be prepared to provide thoughtful answers about your career decisions. An interview is the time to determine whether or not this employer will meet your professional needs, just as the employer is attempting to make a similar judgment about you.
The "interview" involves your preparation for the interview, the actual interview, and follow-up by a thank you letter. Make sure that you know about the employer and the position for which you are interviewing.
- Be prepared.
- Talk about your strengths.
- Show enthusiasm for the job and the employer.
- Make a good first impression.
- Develop a rapport with the interviewer.
- Have questions to ask the interviewer if the opportunity arises.
Review the information contained in the links on this page to learn about each step of the interview process, including some sample questions you can expect.