Prof. Curtis Callaway
Phone: 254-710-4838 ext:4838
Office: Castellaw 255
- Media Photography
- Video Journalism
- Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara (BA Photographic Arts & Science)
Year Started at Baylor
- Worked as a documentary, commercial, editiorial, and underwater photographer and cinematographer for clients including NOAA-Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research and the National Marine Sanctuaries, Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, Jean-Michel Cousteau Productions, Smithsonian Institute, Sony Records, Clear Channel, Phillips and Samsung.
- Won Best Documentary in the 25th Milano International FICTS Festival in Milan, Italy.
- Won Audience Award in the Deep Ellum Film Festival.
- Nominated Best Director in the Krasnogorski Festival of Sport Films in Moscow.
- Won numerous Silver and Bronze Telly Awards.
Interests & Hobbies
- Fly fishing
- Scuba diving
- Spending time with family and friends
Favorite Thing about Teaching
"Seeing the excitement in a student's eyes when it all comes together and they get that first great photograph."
Favorite Thing about Baylor
"The mood around campus. Everyone is very polite, friendly and happy to be here."