Prof. Sharon Bracken
Office: Castellaw 270
- Reporting & Writing for the Mass Media
- Advanced Magazine Editing
- Public Relations
- Writing for Media Markets
- Baylor University, Bachelor of Arts
- Baylor University, Master of Arts
Year Started at Baylor
- Previous managing editor of "Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice" (leading scholarly journal in the field of entrepreneurship, published by Baylor University, 1994-2006)
- Editor of two national trade publications in healthcare for Stevens Publishing (1991-1994)
- Public relations consultant and freelance writer for Ernst & Young and AT&T
- Written numerous articles for national health care publications
- Continues to work in the health care field locally publishing "Waco Health & Wellness" magazine
through her publishing company CBM Publishing.
- Worked with Raytheon Technical Services Company on a multi-billion dollar government proposal
- Recently completed work on the book "Historic McLennan County: An Illustrated History"
- Serves as the managing editor of "Journal of the American Studies Association of Texas" (2006-present)
Interests & Hobbies
- Professor Bracken is interested in animal rights issues and has worked locally assisting animal wellfare groups in writing grant applications and coordinating efforts among groups to better serve the community.
Favorite Thing about Teaching
Favorite Thing about Baylor
The sense of community