Libraries/ITS Advisory Council
The goal of the Libraries/ITS Advisory Council includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring purposeful communication regarding information technology and the libraries with the university community.
- Providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune division communications.
- Providing meaningful advice on the roll-out of new technologies and programs.
- Assisting in the assessment of information technology and libraries services and programs.
- Serving as a vehicle to help the information technology and libraries team make sound decisions and test ideas.
- Sharing pertinent information technology and libraries news and information with university colleagues
- Providing cogent suggestions and recommendations for consideration in decisions made by the Libraries/ITS team
The council consists of the following members:
- One Faculty Senate representative: Dr. Hope Johnston
- One faculty member selected by the Faculty Committee on Committees (3 year staggered terms) : Dr. Horace Maxille
- Five faculty members selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries (3 year staggered terms) : Dr. Lorin Matthews, Dr. Michaela Ritter, Dr. Beth Allison Barr, Dr. Hope Koch, and Dr. Gretchen Schwarz
- Three staff members selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries (3 year staggered terms) : Shannon Lackmeyer, Alan Bowden, and Brian Denman
- Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of University Libraries: Pattie Orr
- Associate Dean, University Libraries: Jeff Steely
- Associate Vice President, Information Technology/Deputy CIO: Becky King
- Associate Vice President, IT Infrastructure: Bob Hartland
- Associate Vice President, Electronic Library: Tim Logan
- Vice-Provost for Research: Dr. Truell Hyde
- Director, Academy for Teaching and Learning: Dr. Lenore Wright
- Teaching and Learning Technology Committee Chair: Dr. Stephen Reid
- One executive staff member from the Office of the Provost: Dr. Jim Bennighof
- One Dean or senior administrator from the Office of Student Life: Dr. Jeff Doyle, Chair
- One Dean or senior administrator from the Graduate School: Dr. Chris Rios
- One Staff Council representative
- Two students, including one undergraduate and one graduate, selected from the Libraries/ITS Student Advisory Group: Jeff Forsee, Ph. D. student
- One Student Government Representative from the Libraries/ITS Student Advisory Group
For more information contact (254) 710-3200.