Libraries/ITS Advisory Council
The goal of the Libraries/ITS Advisory Council includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring purposeful communication regarding information technology and the libraries with the university community.
- Providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune division communications.
- Providing meaningful advice on the roll-out of new technologies and programs.
- Assisting in the assessment of information technology and libraries services and programs.
- Serving as a vehicle to help the information technology and libraries team make sound decisions and test ideas.
- Sharing pertinent information technology and libraries news and information with university colleagues
- Providing cogent suggestions and recommendations for consideration in decisions made by the Libraries/ITS team
The council consists of the following members:
[NB: For the 2014-2015 Academic Year, an expansion of council membership has been requested of the Committee on Committees. The following list represents the proposed revisions, pending approval of the Committee on Committees and Faculty Senate.]
- One Faculty Senate representative
- Three faculty members selected by the Faculty Committee on Committees (3 year staggered terms)
- Three faculty members selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries (3 year staggered terms)
- Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of University Libraries
- Associate Dean, University Libraries
- Associate Vice President, Information Technology/Deputy CIO
- Associate Vice President, IT Infrastructure
- Associate Vice President, Electronic Library
- Vice-Provost for Research
- Director, Academy for Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning Technology Committee Chair
- One executive staff member from the Office of the Provost
- One Dean or senior administrator from the Office of Student Life
- One Dean or senior administrator from the Graduate School
- One Staff Council representative
- Three staff members selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries (3 year staggered terms)
- Two students, including one undergraduate and one graduate, selected from the Libraries/ITS Student Advisory Group
- One Student Government Representative from the Libraries/ITS Student Advisory Group
For more information contact (254) 710-3200.