Library/ITS Advisory Council
The goal of the Library/ITS Advisory Council includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring purposeful communication regarding information technology and the libraries with the university community.
- Allowing the libraries and information technology staff to fine-tune communications.
- Providing meaningful input and feedback and advice on the roll-out of new technologies and programs.
- Assisting in allowing the information technology and libraries staff make the best choices.
- Assisting in the assessment of information technology and libraries services and programs.
- Serving as a vehicle to help the information technology and libraries team make sound decisions and test ideas.
- Providing cogent suggestions and recommendations, while leaving decisions to the libraries/ITS team.
The council consists of the following members:
- Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of University Libraries
- Associate Dean and Director of Central Libraries
- Associate Vice President for Information Technology
- Associate Vice President for the Electronic Library
- Two faculty members selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries
- One Faculty Senate representative
- One Staff Council representative
- One staff member selected at large by the Vice President for Information Technology and Dean of Libraries
- One executive staff member from the Office of the Provost
- Two students, including one undergraduate and one graduate, selected from the Library/ITS Student Advisory Group
For more information contact (254) 710-3200.