Library/ITS Student Advisory GroupDescription
The goal of the Library/ITS Advisory Council includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring purposeful communication regarding information technology and the libraries with the university community.
- Allowing the libraries and information technology staff to fine-tune communications.
- Providing meaningful input and feedback and advice on the roll-out of new technologies and programs.
- Assisting in allowing the information technology and libraries staff make the best choices.
- Assisting in the assessment of information technology and libraries services and programs.
- Serving as a vehicle to help the information technology and libraries team make sound decisions and test ideas.
- Providing cogent suggestions and recommendations, while leaving decisions to the libraries/ITS team.
The Assistant Dean and Director of Central Libraries recruits, appoints, and convenes the Library/ITS Student Advisory Group. The group consists of the following members:
- Assistant Dean and Director of Central Libraries
- Associate Vice President, Information Technology Services
- Director of Client Services, Electronic Library
- Associate Director of Central Libraries
- Two undergraduate students recommended by Student Government
- Two graduate students recommended by the Graduate Student Association
- At-large undergraduate student representatives from all classes and a variety of majors
- At-large graduate student representatives from a variety of programs
For more information contact Jeffrey_Steely@baylor.edu