The conversion to Blackboard Release 6 was completed this morning. The updated system was released for general use this morning as originally planned.
The following general announcement was released on the Blackboard system at https://my.baylor.edu.
There have been many enhancements made throughout the Blackboard system and we think you will be pleased with the changes. Below you will find some known issues that occurred in the migration progress. If you have any further questions or wish to report any problems that you may encounter, please contact Glenda McClellan at 710-4127.
- Please avoid using the Course Copy option. We are diligently working to fix this functionality.
- There are a few courses in which all of the content did not transfer completely. We have been in contact with Blackboard and hope to have this issue resolved by the end of next week.
- Archives from chats in 5.5 did not transfer because the Virtual Classroom and chat have been completely revamped using a new architecture in Release 6.
- The My Courses module will list ALL of the courses that you have taught for a period of time. We will have the new My Courses module that lists only the courses for the current semester in place sometime this summer.
- The Electronic Library will be offering seminars on Blackboard 6 in July and August. Please check the following URL for dates and to sign up: http://www3.baylor.edu/its/training.