We Need Your Help!Jan. 1, 2003
by Donna Herbert
In order to properly track computer inventory on campus, the Custom Data Form (CDF) associated with your Dell needs to be filled out correctly. There is no CDF for Macintosh computers.
To access the CDF, double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop. Then double-click on the LDClient folder. Finally, double-click on the LDCstm32.exe file.
The fields with the red dots are required fields and are as follows:
1. User name (or computer name if student station, lab, etc)
2. Department (this is a drop-down menu)
3. Building (this is a drop-down menu)
4. Room number (or suite, or floor if numbers are not available)
5. Asset Tag or BUID. This is found on the CPU and is either a green and white label with a bar code and a 5-digit code beginning with Annnn (n being a number) or a white label with Baylor University, a bar code, and a 5-digit number on it.
6. Click the Next button.
7. IP address. To find the IP address, locate the single computer icon with a blue screen located near the time display (usually in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen) and double-click it. It will display a Network Address. This is the IP address. You do not have to enter the colon (:) or any information after it, just 129.62.nnn.nnn
8. Primary Network Card. Most will be either Built-in or Docking Station.
9. Click the Next button. The information on this screen is optional.
10. Click the Finish button.
If you have any questions or need help with this process, please call the Help Line at 4357.