Hints From the Helpline
March 1, 2003
by Donna Herbert
To add a printer or to set up an additional printer using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, do the following:
1. Click on the Start menu, select Settings, then select Printers & Faxes and, finally, Add Printer.
2. A Welcome window will appear. Click on the Next button.
3. In the next window, select the "Network Printer" option and click Next.
4. Select the "Find a printer in the directory" option and click Next.
5. The next window that appears will have fields for Name, Location, and Model. In the Location field, type the building where the printer resides. (Location is usually the easiest way to find a printer unless you know the printer name). Once the location (or name) is entered, click on the Find Now button.
6. Find the printer in the listing and double-click on it.
7. Choose whether this printer is to be the default printer and click Next.
8. Click the Finish button.
Please call the HELP Line, 4357, if you need assistance with this procedure.
Are you looking for more news?