Guest Wireless Access
Access to the Baylor BU-EVENT Wireless Network (Internet only). Requires departmental sponsor and assigned login/password.
Guest Access to Online Services
Access to Baylor online services (i.e., Internet, printing services, lab computers) requiring a Temporary BearID. Requires departmental sponsor, longer lead time, and presentation of user identification.
1. How do I request wireless access for my guests?
Contact the Help Desk at 254-710-4357 and one of the consultants will create wireless accounts for your guest(s).
2. What information do I need to provide when requesting guest access?
You will need to supply the date of your event (or date range), a name for your event, the number of accounts, and a contact person.
3. Can a guest use the same account for all of their devices, i.e. laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.?
No. A guest will need a separate account for each device. Keep this in mind when you are estimating the number of accounts you will request.
4. What if my guest needs to log into a Baylor computer?
Access to Baylor online services (i.e., Internet, printing services, lab computers) are granted via a Temporary BearID. A temporary BearID requires a departmental sponsor, longer lead time, and presentation of user identification. For more information, please see: http://www.baylor.edu/its/index.php?id=43992
5. How far in advance do I need to request guest accounts?
If you are hosting an event where your guests only need access to the internet, the request can be made within a couple of days of the event. If a temporary BearID is required, please allow two weeks for the account to be generated.
6. What if I need more guest accounts after my event has started?
If you run out of guest accounts, contact the Help Desk at 254-710-4357 and a consultant will generate more accounts for your guests.