Palm Treo 755P (Sprint Users Only)
THIS FIX IS FOR 755p devices using SPRINT only. Although this fix is provided by Sprint it is not a supported fix. Any issues caused by the fix remain the responsibility of the end-user.
- Call the HelpDesk at ext. 4357 to have your name added to the permissions list. You will not be able to proceed without doing this.
- From your Treo, browse to https://bearspace.baylor.edu/Stephen_Sumrall/Treo/VM40_Installer_B103.prc
- Enter your BearID and password.
- Press OK
- You will receive a warning stating the file is not from SprintPCS. It will ask if you want to continue. Select "Yes" to download the file.
- Next, select "save to device"
- Press "Save and open."
- When asked click on Accept VM40_Installer_B103.prc int into applications. You may have to do this twice.
- You should be returned to your home screne. There you will find a new icon named "Install Email." Select it.
- You will see an "Update Now" icon in the center of the screen, select it.
- A licensing agreement will be displayed. Accept the licensing agreement if you agree to its terms.
- The application will begin to load. During this process you may receive an error saying a library is not loaded. Allow the library to load and the installation should complete.
- Confirm that all settings conform to the settings documented on the ITS Mobile Device Migration Instructions.
- Synchronize your device.