Tivoli File Restoration Instructions
How do I restore a deleted file?
1. Open the Backup-Archive GUI from Start / Programs / Tivoli Storage Manager.
Note: Client initiated backups and restores are disabled between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm each weekday.
2. Click on the button labeled Restore to proceed to the Restore window.
3. On the left side of the Restore window, click on the plus sign "+" next to the object labeled File Level. You should now be able to see the contents of the File Level folder.
4. Expand the following objects in the same manner:
5. Click on the name of the folder in order to reveal the files that reside in the root level of that folder.
6. On the right side of the Restore window, click in the checkbox that is located at the left of the target file's name. The target file (Ex: Excel Travel Files) is now selected for restoration.
Note: You may also click in the checkbox of the folder (located on the left side) if you wish to restore all the files in that folder of the volume.
7. When a check mark appears in a checkbox, the Restore button will activate in the upper left portion of the screen. By clicking this button, you will initiate a file restore from the Tivoli Server. Note: You may continue to work in other applications while the restore is in progress.
If you need assistance, please call the Help Desk at 710-4357.