The primary mission of Information Technology Services is to provide excellent infrastructure, support, and innovation in the delivery of information technology products and services to enable and empower the university constituency.
General goals in support of this mission are:
- Recognition as providers of exceptional service
- Knowledge creation and sharing through research and innovation
- Robust, reliable, and secure technology systems and infrastructure
- Effective collaboration with campus constituents to accomplish objectives and acts of determination supporting the Pro Futuris Five-Year Goals
- Respected and professional staff who exemplify leadership qualities
- Effective communication with the university community
In these efforts, certain work is essential for stability and security. This work includes insuring service availability and service stability. Service availability consists of avoiding unplanned outages, rapid response to systems outages, support for standard software applications, disaster recovery/business continuity projects and maintenance of technology assets. Service stability includes, among other things, regulatory, vendor, and security upgrades and implementations of operating system and software version updates.
ITS 2016-2017 GOAL STATEMENTS:
- Partner with affected university areas in the implementation of appropriate technology solutions to advance giving and increase engagement with alumni and friends.
- Support academic initiatives involving both research and transformational education through a robust and dynamic technology infrastructure and related services.
- Provide consultation, technologies, and services to campus constituents to facilitate student recruitment, success, and retention.
- Invest purposefully in the expansion and improvement of the campus technology infrastructure to enhance the efficiency of University operations and the successful achievement of Pro Futuris aspirations and Five Year Goals.
- In recognition of the significant value of university information resources and reputational status, strengthen compliance and information security through initiatives supporting the fulfillment of legal directives, operational regulations, and audit requirements and providing a safe, secure campus technology environment.
Additionally, strategic partnerships and participations with a wide range of colleague institutions and professional organizations are perpetual high priorities for ITS. These collaborations supply important staff development opportunities, provide key benchmark information, support major university initiatives, and contribute to national and regional recognition of Baylor as an institution of the highest quality.