1. How can I print out a Student Schedule?
Here's how to download a student schedule into Excel:
Open up Banner (Banner.Baylor.edu)
Go to Banner form SFAREGQ
Enter the Term
Enter the Student ID
Click Next Block
Select Extract Data No Key from the Help menu
Internet Explorer should open or download an Excel Spreadsheet (depending on your settings)
Highlight the text in the spreadsheet and copy it to the clipboard (Select Copy under the Edit menu)
Open the (SFAREGQ.XLS) spreadsheet (Also available at the link below.)
Paste the information into the SFAREGQ worksheet (Select Paste under the Edit menu.)
Click the Formatted tab to open the other worksheet
Remember that all the FERPA privacy rules will apply. So you'll want to be careful who has access to the spreadsheet and printout.
More Information: http://www.baylor.edu/content/services/document.php/47146.xls
2. What web browsers are supported for Banner?
Internet Explorer for Windows; Safari for Macintosh
3. When I go to the Banner URL, it prompts me to download and install some Java Runtime Environment software. Is this okay?
Yes. This software is required for running Banner. This should only happen once per computer.
4. Why am I seeing a security warning saying" The application's digital signature cannot be verified" window when I try to login to Banner?
This is normal. But you can keep it from recurring by checking "Always trust content from this publisher" before clicking "Run". On Mac OS, you may have to open the Show Certificate button and check "Always trust these certificates".
5. Sometimes my Banner forms window disappears. Why is this happening?
1) Don't close the blank browser window with the title "Banner Internet Native" 2) For Windows, make sure under Tools: Internet Options: Advanced that "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" is un-checked
6. Does Banner time out inactive users?
Yes, after 90 minutes of idle time. When the session is disconnected, you will see an FRM-92102 error. You must close your Banner window, start a new session, and log in again.
7. I'm keep getting FRM-92102 errors and losing my Banner connection.
This message means that the Banner connection has been lost. This may happen for many reasons. The most common reasons are: (1) 90 minutes of inactivity (2) network or server trouble In most cases you should be able to simply close the window, start a new Banner window, and log back in. However, if it keeps recurring, you may need to delete Temporary Internet files. (On Windows: Tools: Internet Options: on the General tab under Temporary Internet files: click "Delete Files" then check "Delete all offline content" and click OK.)
8. I use a Mac, and I can't see the status bar at the bottom of the Banner window. I can't scroll down either. How do I fix this?
The "Dock" at the bottom of the screen needs to be set to "Automatically hide and show".
9. I use a Mac. When I press F10 to Commit/Save Changes, multiple windows get tiled across my screen. Why is this happening?
This is related to the Expose` system feature on Mac OS X. Edit the system preferences for Expose` and change the key mapping for the tiling behavior. You might try Control-F9 and Control-F10 so that F9 and F10 don't interfere with Banner.
10. Is VPN required if I need to run Banner from home?
Yes. See instructions at www.baylor.edu/its --> Security --> VPN
11. I have 2 monitors. Can I run Banner on both screens?
Yes, but... The menus on any Banner windows in secondary screen may not function properly. If you only need Banner in one of the screens, make that the Primary screen. For assistance in doing that, contact the ITS Help Line (firstname.lastname@example.org)