HESI A2 Nursing Test
Applicants to the Baylor School of Nursing may take the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) exam at Baylor University's Waco testing center, at another school, or at a Prometric testing site. Registration for testing through a Prometric testing site is online and separate from Baylor University. Refer to this website for more information on Prometric testing: Baylor School of Nursing.
Please note that it is your responsibility to know which sections of the HESI test you need to take for the school(s) you are applying.
The computerized HESI-A2 is offered at Baylor University in Waco:
To Schedule a Test
- Clifton Robinson Tower, Suite 540
- Physical Address: 700 South University Parks Dr, Waco 76706 (Exit 335-B off I-35)
- Customer Parking is available in front and back of the building and on top of the parking garage.
- There is a maximum time of three and one-half hours to complete these required sections.
Test Fee and Payment
- All exams must be pre-arranged with our office.
- Call our office at 254-710-2061 to discuss open testing dates.
- Office hours 8 am-12 noon and 1 pm to 5 pm (closed 12-1).
Set Up Evolve Account (if you do not already have one)
- Cost of test is $50
- Payment method:
- Cash or personal check...if paying day of test
- Credit Card...if paying in advance (must go online to pay)
- To pay by credit card, click on this link
after you have set up your testing date with our office.
Things to bring on test day
- You MUST set up your Evolve account prior to arriving on test day.
- To do this go to http://www.hesiinet.com, click on 'Take my exam', then 'I do not have an Evolve account'.
- After filling in your personal information you will be given your user name and password. Remember this in order to expedite your login on test day.
Things NOT to bring on test day
- Photo ID (such as Driver's License or Student ID)
- Payment (if paying with cash or personal check)
- Copy of Payment Receipt (if paid online with credit card)
- Your username/password for your Evolve account (see above)
- Calculator - beginning July 1, 2012, an integrated calculator will be accessible from the HESI test screens.
- Textbooks, Study Guides, any form of reference material
- Scratch paper or pencils - BU will provide
- Cell phone - no cell phones are allowed in the testing room
- Students will be given a copy at the time the test is completed.
- Should student need a copy of the report at a later date, they can access the report online at the HESI website.
- Baylor University stipulates ONE test per application period (Jan 16-May 15) (May 16-Jan 15)
Louise Herrington School of Nursing
- At Baylor Campus Bookstore
- To check stock in Bookstore call 254-710-6967 or email email@example.com
- HESI Study Guide - 'Admission Assessment Exam Review', ISBN # 9781416056355