The Honors Residential College Council is an association of student leaders who seek to maximize the HRC experience by creating a sense of tradition, identity, and value within our community. If you are interested in serving on any of the college committees, please contact Chris Kirk.
The College Council is composed of four committees as well as student members of the board of trustees. Other student leaders serve on each of the committees and help to coordinate events and functions.
- The Board of Trustees supports the College Council, the Honors Residential College, and the Baylor community at large in a variety of facets.
President: Geordyn Hoge
Secretary: Nichol John
Residential Community Council: Baylee VerSteeg and Ryan Parkinson
Fellows Coordinator: Elliott Jost
Public Relations: Kat Largent and Daniel Adams
- The Hospitality Committee strives to foster a spirit of attentive friendship in the HRC by working closely with the Program Coordinator to welcome prospective, returning, and new members of the community. Among its responsibilities are assisting with recruitment events for high school students, such as Invitation to Excellence, celebrating birthdays, and connecting new residents with an upperclassmen living in the HRC. This committee seeks to encourage and support community members, new and current, through times of decision and adjustment.
Committee Chairs: Sarah Lunsford and William Stover
Committee Members: Alexandra Dawood, Nicole Dawood, Cristina Kenigsberg, Austin Weynand
- The Social Committee working closely with the Residence Hall Director, seeks to provide events for the residents of the HRC solely for having fun and enjoying each others company. Our most notable events are the Humans vs. Zombies, Game Nights, Tailgates, Watch Parties, Halloween Party, and Spring Semi-Formal, while other fun things are scattered throughout the year as well.
Committee Chairs: Shannon Sandridge and Ryan McNamara
Committee Members: Nichol John, Austin Hubbert, Priyankaa Bhatia, Sam Chun
- The Spiritual Growth & Service Committee works closely with the resident chaplain to foster spiritual well-being and the exploration of faith and religious beliefs within our community, and to provide the members of the college with opportunities to serve the communities within and outside of the Honors Residential College. Our goal is to help shape our community into one that lives life together in all of its aspects, to make our residence hall not simply a place to live, but a membership in which to flourish as a fellowship of Christians who are also scholars.
Committee Chairs: Clara Binder and Matt Wilborn
Committee Members: Dakota Bellow, Rebecca Voth, Toby Towsley, Daniel Truesdale, Hannah Rogers
- The Academic Committee promotes learning among members of the college. This committee works with the faculty master to capitalize on the learning potential provided by visitors to the college. The committee also helps coordinate the HRC lecture series and oversees the production of other academic projects.
Committee Chairs: Haley Morrison and Jeff Wang
Committee Members: Adam Maners, Brittany Winters, Joseph DeMond, Kaylie Page, Dennis Knowles, Emily Martin