The Honors Residential College Council is an association of student leaders who seek to maximize the HRC experience by creating a sense of tradition, identity, and value within our community. If you are interested in serving on any of the college committees, please contact Chris Kirk.
The College Council is composed of four committees as well as student members of the board of trustees. Other student leaders serve on each of the committees and help to coordinate events and functions.
- The Student Trustees support the College Council, the Honors Residential College, and the Baylor community at large in various ways.
President: Kat Largent
Secretary: James Cox
Residential Community Council: Greg Abel and Emily Sagraves
Photographer: Annie Mathis
Intercollegiate Representative: Morgan Bruce
Public Relations: Andrés Cruz and Logan Parmeter
- The Hospitality Committee strives to foster a spirit of attentive friendship in the HRC by working closely with the Program Coordinator to welcome prospective, returning, and new members of the community. Among its responsibilities are assisting with recruitment events for high school students, such as Invitation to Excellence, celebrating birthdays, and connecting new residents with upperclassmen living in the HRC. This committee seeks to encourage and support community members, new and current, through times of decision and adjustment.
Committee Chairs: Jenn Dickey and Denton Wood
Committee Members: Alexandra Dawood, Nicole Dawood, Sandy Middleton, and Everett Wilson
- The Social Committee, working closely with the Residence Hall Director, seeks to provide events for the residents of the HRC solely for having fun and enjoying each others' company. Our most notable events are the Humans vs. Zombies, Game Nights, Tailgates, Watch Parties, and Spring Formal, while other fun activities are scattered throughout the year as well.
Committee Chairs: Sam Chun and Amanda Cordero
Committee Members: Austin Hubbert, Priyankaa Bhatia, Luke Pederson, Will King, and Chuck Kruljac
- The Spiritual Life & Service Committee works closely with the Resident Chaplain to foster spiritual well-being and the exploration of faith and religious beliefs within our community, and to provide the members of the college with opportunities to serve the communities within and outside of the Honors Residential College. Our goal is to help shape our community into one that lives life together in all of its aspects, to make our residence hall not simply a place to live, but a membership in which to flourish as a fellowship of Christians who are also scholars.
Committee Chairs: Matt Wilborn and Rebecca Peirce
Committee Members: Jordan Millhollin, Kaitlyn Morris, Jeffrey Fisher, Kyle Binder, Olivia Moses, and Emily Pendleton
- The Academic Committee promotes learning among members of the college. This committee works with the Faculty Master to capitalize on the learning potential provided by visitors to the college. The committee also helps coordinate the HRC lecture series and oversees the production of other academic projects.
Committee Chairs: Kaylie Page and Randolph Davidson
Committee Members: Brittany Winters, Justin Nguyen, Andrew Baas, Emily Martin, Luke Parker, and Jamie Wheeler