Because admission to the HRC is very competitive, we encourage you to (re)apply early.
- Apply to Baylor University by completing the online Baylor application.
- Once you're accepted to Baylor, you will put down your deposit.
- To be considered for membership in the HRC, you must be admitted to one or more of the Honors College programs/majors. We nonetheless encourage you to apply to the HRC simultaneously. Your application for membership in the HRC will be processed pending your admission to an Honors College program. To apply for the HRC, please fill out the online HRC application.
HRC Application Checklist
1. Apply to Baylor.
2. Submit your deposit, once accepted.
3. Apply to an Honors College program/major and fill out the online HRC application.
In February, the HRC's placement committee (comprising faculty, staff, and students) will begin reviewing only those applications that have completed the steps above. HRC staff then will notify entering freshmen who successfully gain a space in the HRC via e-mail. This notification will be done before notices about assignments in traditional halls are sent out in early summer.
Official notices of HRC placement will be sent out in February through early May. (Please note that we will not have firm information about your HRC placement status until this time.) Specific room and roommate assignments will not be announced until June.
Important Note: Because incoming Baylor students must be admitted into one of the four Honors College programs to be eligible to reside in the Honors Residential College, our HRC placement committee will process only the applications of those incoming students who have already been admitted into at least one such program. Those who apply for HRC residence without having already been admitted into an Honors College program will simply have their HRC application forms held as pending until such acceptance (i.e., into the BIC, or into the Honors Program, etc.) can be verified.