THOUGHTS ABOUT TEAMWORK, Part 1The following thoughts on teamwork are compiled by Jon Gordon on his blog, www.jongordon.com
- Teams rise and fall on culture, leadership, relationships, attitude and effort. Great teams have a great culture driven by great leadership. Relationships are meaningful and teammates are connected. The collective attitude is positive and everyone on the team works hard to accomplish their mission.
- It's all about teamwork. Sometimes you are the star and sometimes you help the star.
- If want to be truly great you have to work as hard to be a great teammate as you do to be a great player. I tell this to athletes all the time but the same is true for any profession. When we work hard to be a great team member we make everyone around us better.
- Three things you control every day are your attitude, your effort and your actions to be a great teammate.
- It doesn’t matter what is happening around you and who you think is being unfair. Every day you can focus on being positive, working hard and making others around you better. If you do that great things will happen.