Six Questions Every Leader Should Ask Themselves
"What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
A key part of every leader's job is to motivate and support employees in being engaged and doing their best work. Because the greatest impact of leaders is through their examplee, the first step to motivating others often is increasing the leader's own levels of engagement.
Leadership expert Marshall Goldsmith suggests six questions for daily self-assessment:
- Did I do my best to increase my happiness?
- Did I do my best to find meaning?
- Did I do my best to be engaged?
- Did I do my best to build positive relationships?
- Did I do my best to set clear goals?
- Did I do my best to make progress toward goal achievement?
Questions adapted from the post, "6 Questions that Will Set You Up to Be Super Successful."