Baylor University offers two medical insurance plans for faculty and staff.
|Preferred Provider Organization||High Deductible Health Plan + Health Savings Account|
|The PPO offers:
||The HDHP + HSA offers:
Compare plans and premium cost to make the best decision for you and your family:
- 2016 Medical Benefit Comparison
- 2016 Medical Cost Comparison
- 2015 PPO summary of benefits
- 2015 HDHP + HSA summary of benefits
- 2016 PPO summary of benefits
- 2016 HDHP + HSA summary of benefits
BOTH PLANS OFFER:
- BCBS Customer Service
- Phone: 1-800-521-2227
- Website: BCBS Members
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas (BCBS) administers both plans and provides access to a large national group of "in-network" providers (to keep your costs lower)
- Annual eligible preventative care services are provided at NO COST
- International medical benefits are available
- "Out-of-network" services are covered at a reduced amount, subject to BCBS allowable cost
- Filing a medical claim + provider's statement may be required for "out-of-network" services
- BCBS provides great tools to review claim status, explain benefits paid, estimate costs, offer extensive health risk assessments, and more to help manage your health
- CVS/caremark for prescription benefit management
- BCBS has contracted with Davis Vision to allow for discount vision benefits with participating Davis Vision companies (local participating companies are Vision Works and EyeMart).
New faculty/staff: Choose your medical plan and enroll within 30 days of hire or decline coverage.
Continuing faculty/staff: Enrollment changes must be made during open enrollment or within 30 days of a qualifying life event. For benefit enrollment and changes, go to SmartBen™.
- HIPP Medicaid - If a member of your family is eligible for Medicaid, you may be eligible for a reimbursement of your medical premium.
- Guide to Enrolling in Medicare - Learn about some important decisions you'll need to make about your health care in the months before you turn age 65.
- HDHP Video - This video mentions CDHP instead of HDHP. Both a CDHP and HDHP are acronyms for a high deductible health plan.
- PPO Video