Baylor University offers two medical insurance plans for faculty and staff.
|Preferred Provider Organization||High Deductible Health Plan + Health Savings Account|
|The PPO offers:
||The HDHP + HSA offers:
BOTH PLANS OFFER:
- BCBS Customer Service
- Phone: 1-800-521-2227
- Website: BCBS Members
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas (BCBS) administers both plans and provides access to a large national group of "in-network" providers (keep costs lower with "in-network" providers)
- Annual eligible preventative care services are provided at NO COST
- International medical benefits are available
- "Out-of-network" services are covered at a reduced amount, subject to BCBS allowable cost
- Filing a medical claim + provider’s statement may be required for "out-of-network" services
- BCBS provides great tools to review claim status, explain benefits paid, estimate costs, extensive health risk assessments, and more to help manage your health
- CVS/caremark for prescription benefit management
- BCBS has contracted with Davis Vision to allow for discount vision benefits with participating Davis Vision companies (local participating companies are Vision Works and EyeMart).
Use the links below to help compare plans and make the best decision for you and your family:
New faculty/staff: choose your medical plan and enroll within 30 days or decline coverage.
Enrollment changes: must be made during open enrollment or within 30 days of a qualifying life event.
- HIPP Medicaid - If a member of your family is eligible for Medicaid, you may be eligible for a reimbursement of your medical premium.
- Guide to Enrolling in Medicare - Learn about some important decisions you'll need to make about your health care in the months before you turn age 65.
- HDHP Video - This video mentions CDHP instead of HDHP. Both a CDHP and HDHP are acronyms for a high deductible health plan.
- PPO Video
2014 Benefit Enrollment Application/Change Form
2015 Benefit Enrollment Application/Change Form