Once you begin the application, it must be completed in one sitting. If you close the application prior to clicking "Submit," the application will be lost, and you must begin again. To ensure that you are prepared to complete the application in one sitting, review the questions below to gather all of the necessary information you will be asked to include in the application.
NOTE: In the event the application is not submitted successfully, you will need to resubmit the application. So, be sure to compose your responses to the essay questions ahead of time, save, and copy/paste them into the application.
• Non-Technical Abstract: Please include an abstract of no more than one to two paragraphs in length, written in non-technical language appropriate for a lay audience. Acronyms may be used if they are adequately explained. Abstracts of funded proposals will be published on the Honors College website and other marketing materials.
• Funding: If this proposal has been submitted to other potential funding sources, you will be asked to explain and list project title(s), dates, and the dollar amount(s) of the potential award(s), if applicable.
Be prepared to provide the following:
• Background and rational for this project
• Specific objectives of this project
• Research methods, procedure, and plan of work
• Bibliographic References: Please include sufficient bibliographic references to demonstrate familiarity with scholarship in the field and to document the integration of prior research into the narrative portion of the proposal, supplying citations where appropriate.
A detailed budget should be included with this application using the line items below. Be prepared to enter the amount you are requesting for each item. (Total Maximum: $500)
• Consultants & Contract Services
• Research Participant Support
• Student Researchers
• Equipment & Technology
• Expendable Supplies & Services